License Global is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Weekly E-News, Issue #161, May 16, 2006

Sponsored by:



High-Profile Companies to Create New Network
Scholastic, NBC Universal, Corus Entertainment, and Classic Media/Big Idea are joining forces with the national TV distribution systems of ION Media Networks, NBC, and Telemundo to form "Smart Place for Kids," a new 24/7 digital broadcast children's network featuring bilingual content for all children. The new network is due to launch the first Saturday in September and will include ION Media Network's analog television network plus utilize the digital multicasting capacity of the ION Media Network's group of television stations; dedicated Saturday morning time periods on NBC; airtime on Telemundo; a branded Website; and VOD services. ION Media Networks is 51 percent owner of the new network, with the content partners having equal equity interests in the remaining 49 percent. Classic Media/Big Idea, Scholastic Media; Corus Entertainment's subsidiary, Nelvana; and NBC Universal together will contribute more than 1,000 half-hours of children's programming in addition to one original series from each company per year.

Target Bull's-Eye Goes Couture
Brand Central LLC and trend retailer Intuition launched a new fashion collection called Targ

Hide comments
account-default-image

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish