Organized by Max Publishing’s
The Licensing Source Book
, the annual event celebrates the best U.K. properties, retailers and licensing programs of the year.
Mind Candy’s Moshi Monsters took home the most awards including Best Tween/Teen Property, Best Toy Range and Best Written Range, but there were certainly many other winners at the evening’s event.
From new brands like the band One Direction (Best Celebrity Brand) and Angry Birds (Best Children’s Apparel) to licensing mainstays like Mickey Mouse (Best Classic Property) and Star Wars (Best Adult Apparel Range), all the big names in the industry, and the people who made them big, were present.
The winners of the 2012 Licensing Awards are:
Best Licensed Properties:
- Best Brand Licensed Property–Orla Kiely
- Classic Licensed Property Award–Mickey Mouse
- Best Preschool Licensed Property–Peppa Pig
- Best Tween or Teen Licensed Property–Moshi Monsters
- Best Sports Licensed Property–London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games
- Best Celebrity Licensed Brand–One Direction
Best Licensed Products:
- Best Licensed Brand Range, Soft and Hard Goods–Monopoly Collection from Gift Republic
- Best Licensed Toys or Games Range–Moshi Monsters toy range from Vivid Toy Group
- Innovation Award Winner–The Muppets augmented reality t-shirt range from [email protected]
- Best Licensed Dress Up or Party Range–Rainbow adult dress-up from Smiffy's
- Best Licensed Children's Apparel Range (ages 0 to 5)–The Gruffalo Collection for TU Sainsbury’s in partnership with Brecrest Babywear
- Best Licensed Children's Apparel Range (ages 5 to 16)–Angry Birds t-shirt range for Next from Fashion U.K.
- Best Licensed Adult Apparel Range–Star Wars t-shirts for Tesco from Brand Alliance
- Best Licensed Written, Listening or Learning Range–Moshi Monsters range from Penguin U.K.
- Best Licensed Paper Products or Stationery Range–Hello Kitty Liberty ArtFabrics stationery from Blueprint Collections
- Best Licensed Giftware Range–Orla Kiely garden range from Wild & Wolf
- Best Licensed Home Décor, Tableware or Housewares Range–Hello Kitty Art Fabrics bedding from Ashley Wilde
- Best Licensed Food or Drink Range–Levi Roots food range from Kimm & Miller (U.K.)
Best Retailer of Licensed Products:
- Best Overall Retailer–The Entertainer
- Best Brand Retailer–John Lewis
- Best Direct-Selling Retailer–Moonpig.com
- Best Baby/Preschool Retailer–Sainsbury’s (includes TU Clothing)
- Best Kid’s Retailer–The Entertainer
Best Licensed Marketing Communication Campaign–
Gnashional Trust for The National Trust from DC Thomson
Honorary Achievement Award
David Aykroyd and Pauline Lonsdale
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.