Arnie Rubin, founder and chief executive officer of Funrise Toy, and the late Frederick August Otto Schwarz, founder of FAO Schwarz were inducted into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame.
LeapPad Explorer by LeapFrog Enterprises was named Toy of the Year, and was awarded Educational Toy of the Year and Preschool Toy of the Year.
• Activity Toy of the Year - LEGO Ninjago Fire Temple by LEGO Systems.
• Boy Toy of the Year - Hot Wheels Wall Tracks by Mattel.
• Game of the Year - Angry Birds Knock On Wood Game by Mattel.
• Girl Toy of the Year - Fijit Friends Interactive Figures by Mattel / Radica.
• Infant/Toddler Toy of the Year - Elefun Busy Ball Popper by Hasbro / Playskool.
• Innovative Toy of the Year - Hot Wheels Wall Tracks by Mattel.
• Outdoor Toy of the Year - Rockboard Scooter – Mini by M.Y. Products.
• Property of the Year - Angry Birds by Rovio Entertainment / Striker Entertainment (licensing agent).
• Specialty Toy of the Year - HEXBUG Nano Hive Habitat Set by Innovation First Labs.
"Tonight’s event was a wonderful way to celebrate the launch of Toy Fair week and recognize the absolute best in toys and children’s entertainment," says Carter Keithley, president, Toy Industry Association. "Thanks to the outstanding work of the talented individuals and innovative companies honored tonight, kids around the world are brought joy each day through play!"
Back to Toy Fair 2012 Round-up