Fox Consumer Products EMEA has announced a series of European retail partnerships and brand extensions for the bestselling book series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, tapping into a growing fan base of 6- to 12-year-olds.
With book seven in the series set to be released Nov. 14, the franchise has signed a slew of new partners:
- Winning Moves will make a Wimpy Kid version of its Top Trumps card game, set to launch in November worldwide;
- WH Smith will carry board games from Paul Lamond, stationery from Robert Frederick and greeting cards from Danilo;
- BM Fashions debuted t-shirts at British Home Stores this summer and has now expanded their deal to include nightwear and essentials;
- Franckh Kosmos Verlags has signed on for games in Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Bastei Luebbe will create apparel and back-to-school products, also for Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Belltex will launch bedding across Europe;
- University Games has signed a pan-European deal for board games and puzzles; and
- Funko will distribute figures and plush worldwide.
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books are now the biggest and fastest-selling book series for kids, with the sixth book in the series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever, beating Harry Potter to win Blue Peter’s Best Children’s Book of the Last 10 Years award.
The franchise has also recently released two theatrical films and is planning a new DVD release for the end of this year.
This week at Brand Licensing Europe in London, FCP is presenting the unique creative assets for Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
“Licensees and retailers are now maximizing the potential of Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” says Jeffrey Godsick, president, Fox Consumer Products. “Over the next few months we look forward to seeing product appear in stores, meeting the demand for authentic merchandise true to the book series.”