World Wrestling Entertainment and THQ have launched a new marketing deal, which will see THQ-developed, WWE-branded video games integrated into domestic and international events, pay-per-view and television sponsorships, WWE.com and DVDs.
Initial THQ marketing plans include:
- THQ video game kiosks, featuring WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 and WWE All Stars, hosted at 40 WWE live events from now until April 16.
- In-program integration of THQ video games in WWE pay-per-view and television programming.
- Increased online presence on WWE.com.
- Integration of video game launches at WWE international events.
- Cross-promotion in 15 to 20 WWE DVDs.
In addition, THQ is developing social media, iPhone and iPad apps, console brand extensions and a community site for WWE.
"This strategic marketing agreement reflects the benefits of working more closely with WWE to maximize the interactive entertainment experience for fans of this leading sports entertainment brand," says Brian Farrell, THQ's president and chief executive officer. "We expect to increase awareness of our games through this new integrated program. Beyond that, we are expanding our WWE video game offerings with social applications and brand extensions to help WWE fans enjoy different interactive experiences throughout the year."