April 6, 2018
“WBCP arrives at Licensing Expo with an unmatched portfolio of content and product offerings, led by the most anticipated feature film events of 2016–DC Comics’
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
, the first time fans will see Batman and Superman together in a theatrical event; DC Comics’
, the first-ever theatrical team up of some of the most iconic Super-Villains; and from J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World,
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
,” says Brad Globe, president, WBCP. “Content is the cornerstone of our robust programs, and we have an unparalleled lineup of collaborations and partnerships, which is a testament to the trusted relationships we have built with all of our licensing and retail partners.”
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: The film will be supported by a list of licensees including global toy partner, Mattel, with a wide range toy line, including action figures, role-play, playsets and collectible figures, highlighted by the fan-favorite Movie Masters line. Also supporting Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will be The LEGO Group, global construction partner; Rubie’s Costume Co. with a wide range of costume products based on the entire DC Comics portfolio, including Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice; and Thinkway Toys for role play items. Additionally, apparel and accessories collections from Junkfood and Bioworld, and footwear from Converse, with a graphically unique inspired line for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice; among many others will support the film.
- Suicide Squad: As the power of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and DC Entertainment’s film portfolio shows its strength, WBCP will also offer a targeted licensing and merchandising program focusing on collectors and adult fans in support of Suicide Squad, the first film to feature many of DC Comics’ iconic Super-Villains as a team, including Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Boomerang, Katana and The Joker, as the second theatrical release from the Studio’s DC Comics film slate rolls out.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The wizarding world continues to delight audiences with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, author J.K. Rowling’s screenwriting debut, which marks an expanded creative partnership between Warner Bros. Entertainment and J.K. Rowling, and which will be fully supported by WBCP to offer fans an exciting licensing and merchandising program. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the first in a new film series from J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, is inspired by Hogwarts textbook “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” and the adventures of the book’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander.
- DC Super Hero Girls: WBCP, DC Entertainment (DCE), Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) and Mattel have joined forces to launch the DC Super Hero Girls franchise, a new universe of Super Heroic storytelling that will help build character and confidence, and empower girls to discover their true potential. The LEGO Group will also be key to building the DC Super Hero Girls franchise, an array of LEGO building sets designed to inspire girls' imaginations. The Random House Books for Young Readers imprint of Random House Children’s Books has been appointed the master publishing partner for the franchise and offers a portfolio of books that will bring the DC Super Hero Girls world to life. Global partner Rubie’s Costumes will also offer a wide range of costumes based on the various characters. Additionally, consumer products partners around the world will be engaged in creating a merchandise line dedicated to DC Super Hero Girls across all key categories.
- Batman Unlimited: As the DC Comics universe expands, WBCP, DCE and WBA offer boys and preschoolers all-new content inspired by two of the company’s most successful toy lines developed in partnership with Mattel and Fisher-Price: Batman Unlimited and DC Super Friends, respectively. Batman Unlimited debuted content in May as a made-for-video animated movie entitled Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, with the sequel Batman Unlimited: Monstery Mayhem set to release in the second half of 2015. Adding to the new Batman Unlimited content, Warner Bros. has started to roll out the 22 stand-alone, two-minute shorts featuring additional story elements along with companion apps designed for young fans to extend and customize their experience in a new interactive way. Rubie’s Costumes will support the new original content with a line of inspired-by dress-up and costumes, and toymaker Thinkway will introduce new Batman Unlimited-themed role-play accessories. Batman Unlimited will have products in other key categories, such as apparel and publishing, to be announced at a later time.
- DC Super Friends: Inspired by the Fisher-Price Imaginext toy line, DC Super Friends also introduces a series of shorts. Exciting new playset environments from the successful product line are featured in the shorts, such as The Joker Laff Factory as well as a new design of the fan-favorite Batcave, all featuring the interactive Imaginext Power Pad that enables kids to activate key features in the toy. Publishing partner Random House Children's Books will also continue to extend storytelling by publishing new titles. Additional licensees in other key categories and will be announced in the coming months
Additionally,WBCP will highlight its rich primetime TV licensing portfolio based on DC Entertainment’s pantheon of characters across DC Comics and Vertigo. From Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DCE, new DC Comics–based series “Supergirl” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” and returning hits “Arrow,” “The Flash” and “Gotham,” along with Vertigo-based new series “Lucifer” and returning series “iZOMBIE”, will continue to inspire an array of new products from licensing partners in every category as WBCP brings fans closer to their favorite WBTV hits.
- Scooby-Doo: The LEGO Group will bring Scooby-Doo, Shaggy and the Gang to life in LEGO form for the first time ever, in five all-new building sets and in never-before-seen animated content, featuring the zaniness of the classic characters in true LEGO form. Later this year, fans can look forward to a 22-minute LEGO special, and produced in partnership with WBA. In addition, WBA will also be producing made-for-video movie titles, which will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment in the coming years. Scooby-Doo and the Gang are rollin’ up in the Mystery Machine for the upcoming new animated comedy Be Cool Scooby-Doo! as WBCP will continue to offer licensing opportunities for the Scooby-Doo brand and groovy opportunities to new and returning partners, including global master toy licensee Character Group, Kellogg, General Mills, Rubie’s Costumes, Scholastic and Hallmark, among others.
- Looney Tunes: The classic cartoons will continue to drive new trends with hot new partnerships, such as the return of the fan-favorite collaboration, Hare Jordan, to high-end fashion collections including haute couture apparel and accessories with globally renowned label Moschino, by designer Jeremy Scott; and Tom and Jerry with Puma. Also as part of WBCP’s classic animation offerings is “Wabbit –A Looney Tunes Production and The Tom and Jerry Show, “from WBA, with all being supported by top-tier licensees.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: WBCP is also excited to work with The LEGO Group for a version of Leonard and Sheldon’s living room as seen in the hit series. Created by two LEGO fan designers and selected by LEGO Ideas members, this limited edition set features mini-figures of all seven main characters from the show–Leonard, Sheldon, Penny, Howard, Raj, Amy and Bernadette–with assorted accessory elements and authentic detail.
WBCP will also continue to highlight its current and classic hit television properties such as Warner Bros. Television’s “Supernatural” and “The Vampire Diaries,” as well as Warner Horizon Television’s “Pretty Little Liars” and
The Voice,” in addition to classics such as “Friends,” “Seinfeld,” and many more with continued cross-category support at retail as part of its television licensing entertainment portfolio. Adding to the diverse licensing show lineup, WBCP will also introduce the summer event game show “500 Questions” and the new 2015-2016 season series, including “Rush Hour,” “Blindspot,” “Containment” and “Heads Up!”
This year, WBCP offers licensing opportunities for the upcoming LEGO Dimensions game as WBCP, on behalf of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), partners with The LEGO Group for a game-inspired product line to bring fans of all ages many of their favorite characters and worlds, including DC Comics Super Heroes,
The Lord of the Rings
The Wizard of Oz
and Scooby-Doo, among many others. Additional video game offerings include the much-anticipated “Batman: Arkham Knight” game, from WBIE and Rocksteady Studios, releasing on June 23; and “Mortal Kombat X,” from WBIE and NetherRealm Studios.
Warner Bros.’ global themed entertainment offerings continue to expand worldwide bringing the Warner Bros. experience to theme parks, international cultural venues, live stages and more. In July of 2014, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter expanded globally, opening at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka, and domestically with the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter –Diagon Alley, the highly anticipated expansion at Universal Orlando Resort, creating the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience and expanding The Wizarding World of Harry Potter across both Universal Orlando theme parks. Additionally, the countdown has begun for the Spring 2016 opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood.
“Harry Potter: The Exhibition,” currently in Paris and with more stops planned for 2015 and beyond, continues to bring the Harry Potter experience to fans with a state-of-the-art interactive, travelling exhibition featuring thousands of props, costumes and magical creatures from the Warner Bros. films based on J.K. Rowling’s beloved book series.
WBCP also currently manages a successful theme park portfolio with partners around the world, including Warner Bros.-inspired theme parks in Australia and Spain, Six Flags theme parks throughout North America, and Hopi Hari in Brazil, all immersing fans in the world of DC Comics Super Heroes, Looney Tunes characters and more.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.