April 6, 2018
New touring exhibition will feature props and re-created scenes from “Game of Thrones”
Inspired by and filled with images and artifacts from the hit HBO series, the 10,000-square-foot interactive experience will kick of a world tour in Europe starting this Fall (first location to be announced soon).
"‘Game of Thrones’ has truly become a worldwide phenomenon, with fans avidly watching the show throughout all corners of the globe," says Jeff Peters, director, global licensing, HBO. "Based on the stellar work GES has done with previous entertainment partners, we think this exhibition is going to be something fans will love, regardless of which part of the world they call home, and we're excited to give them the opportunity to visit and celebrate the incredible craftsmanship of the talented ‘Game of Thrones’ production team."
- Visitors to the exhibition will see displays of costumes, props, weapons and armor and will explore several dynamic themed exhibition areas featuring series settings such as:
- The wintry landscapes of the North, the tree-lined pathway of the King's Road, and the regal settings of King's Landing.
- The conquered city of Meereen with its garrisons of Unsullied warriors and the loyalists of House Targaryen.
- Iconic settings like the mysterious House of Black and White, the home of the Night's Watch: Castle Black; and the frozen lands Beyond the Wall.
- The show-stopping centerpiece of the iconic Iron Throne Room, where visitors can gaze upon the Westerosi seat of power in all its foreboding glory.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.