Gearbox Software and 2K have unveiled the consumer products program for the upcoming release of “Borderlands 3.”
Retail Monster will serve as the program’s agent and work alongside Gearbox and 2K to support the consumer products strategy for the game, which is set to launch on Sept. 13.
“This is the largest roster of licensed products for a brand in both Gearbox’s and 2K’s history,” says Sean Haran, vice president, business development, Gearbox Software. “We’re always looking to continue to build upon the ‘Borderlands’ franchise; this list of great partners is just the beginning of what’s to come.”
The program will feature toys and collectibles; apparel and accessories; home goods; video game accessories; publishing and seasonal costumes.
Program partners include:
- Toys & Collectibles (Chronicle Collectibles, CMD/FigPin, The Coop, Funko, Gaya-Entertainment, Mattel/Mega, McFarlane Toys, Minted Labs, PhatMojo, Rubber Road/Numskull, Well Played Toys, Weta Workshop)
- Apparel and Accessories (Bioworld, Changes, Concept One, Level Up Wear, Volante Design)
- Home Goods (Just Funky, GB eye)
- Videogame Accessories (Exquisite Gaming Products, KontrolFreek, Performance Designed Products)
- Publishing (Insight Editions)
- Seasonal (Spirit Halloween)
- E-Commerce (Entertainment Retail Enterprises-www.gearboxloot.com, Fifth Sun/Design by Humans)
“For all of us at Gearbox, this year is all about ‘Borderlands,’” says Erica Hollinshead Stead, director, licensing, Gearbox Software. “Our game development team crafts every aspect of the game with love and attention–from the distinctive hand-inked art to the stories of our characters. We are very excited to have found partners who are dedicated to creating products with just as much passion, creativity and attention to detail.”