Bioworld, Just Funky, Everything Legwear and more will help celebrate the classic anime franchise’s anniversary year with apparel, stationery and more.
NORTH AMERICA–Toei Animation and Funimation have secured a number of new licensing agreements to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the popular anime franchise “Dragon Ball Z” in 2019.
New licensees include:
- China Manufacturing Direct for new collections of FigPins, a combination of enamel pins and collectible figures, based on “Dragon Ball Super” and “Dragon Ball Super Fighter Z.”
- Primitive Skateboarding for co-branded “Dragon Ball Z” decks, wheels, apparel, headwear, grip tape, pins, patches, wallets, drinkware and home goods.
- Just Funky for a collection of auto accessories, home décor, kitchenware, tableware, beverageware, fashion apparel, miscellaneous small item and impulse items.
- Trends International for calendars and stationery.
- Bioworld for “Dragon Ball,” “Dragon Ball Super” and “Dragon Ball Super Fighter Z” t-shirts, fashion tops, bottoms, jackets, skirts, dresses, headwear, bags and stationery.
- Great Eastern Entertainment for “Dragon Ball Z,” “Dragon Ball Super” and “Dragon Ball Super FighterZ” wallets, buttons, pins, keychains, t-shirts, wall art, body pillows and bags.
- Everything Legwear for hosiery based on “Dragon Ball Z” and “Dragon Ball Super.”
Last year, Toei also stepped up its game with the Adidas x “Dragon Ball Z”-themed sneaker collection as well as the new game “Dragon Ball FigherZ” by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
In addition o the new partners, the “Dragon Ball Z” 30th anniversary celebrations will include special advertising and fan activations. For example, Toei and Fox Sports are creating a World Cup commercial for U.S. broadcasters. Toei and Bandai will also kick off a seven-city Dragon Ball North America Tour 2018.
Finally, Toei Animation and Funimation will be actively seeking additional licensing partners at Licensing Expo 2018 for “Dragon Ball Super”- and “Dragon Ball Z”-themed merchandise in a variety of categories including sleepwear, pet accessories, bedding, health and beauty, consumables and construction.