DreamWorks Animation has announced a slew of promotional and licensing partners for its upcoming 3D feature film, Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, in theaters on Friday.
In a first-of-its-kind program for the studio, Dole "goes bananas" with a promotion featuring 100 million specially-branded stickers appearing on bananas in retailers nationwide. The stickers feature a QR Code that directs customers to the new "Madagascar: Join the Circus" mobile game.
"Our fun-loving 'Go Bananas' promotion with Dole pays homage to Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted's hilarious aviator monkeys, who launch rapid-fire banana missiles from their makeshift airplane in an effort to save the day," says Susan Spencer, head of national promotions and marketing services, DreamWorks Animation. "Dole is just one of many promotional partners and licensees who have come to the table in unique and creative ways for the launch of our 3D film on June 8th."
Other partners include:
- Fisher-Price will create the new "World of Madagascar" toy brand;
- Toys ‘R’ Us will feature a full range of exclusive products inspired by the Madagascar franchise including action figures, vehicles, plush, games, play tents, books, DVDs, kid’s furniture, education software and backpacks;
- Hallmark will have a themed line of party goods and greeting cards, as well as a holiday ornament;
- McDonald's will launch a global Happy Meal program with six circus-themed toys;
- Zynga's "Draw Something" app will feature four new Madagascar-themed words that players can draw;
- Penguin Books will produce a range of traditional storybooks;
- Dalmatian Press will release color and activity books;
- Ape Entertainment will create a comic book;
- iStoryTime will launch a digital storybook app;
- Insight Editions will produce an Art Of book;
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted apparel from various manufacturers is now being sold into all tiers of retail and includes boy’s and girl’s tees, backpacks and sleepwear;
- D3Publisher will release “Madagascar 3: The Video Game.” They will also launch “Madagascar: Join the Circus!” a new circus-building app;
- Airheads, Blue Bunny, General Mills, Kraft, House Foods and Sun-Maid will release themed food items;
- The makers of Children's Claritin will releases customized packaging featuring free Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted-themed stickers. They will also offer a free, downloadable Circus Activity Guide and a Madagascar-themed game on their Facebook page;
- And L’Oreal will offer four kid’s shampoos and conditioners.
DreamWorks will showcase Madagascar 3 and other brands in Booth 7439 at Licensing Expo, June 12-14 in Las Vegas, Nev.