As Brand Licensing Europe gears up for the biggest event in its 16-year history, the show has unveiled a full roster of educational sessions, celebrity appearances and brand showcases.
This year’s show will feature more than 2,500 brands, characters and images on display from 280-plus exhibitors.
“This year’s show looks set to blast all records in terms of floor space and activity," says Darren Brechin, event director, BLE. "There is so much going on in every area, make sure you register now to take advantage of the free entry and use our show planner to organize your visit in advance. Once at the show, you will find the floor marked into three distinct zones to help you navigate. Make sure you meet the official BLE mascot Squirt the Staffie on the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home stand, and don’t forget to try your hand at Table Dennis and register for complimentary Extreme Drift AllStars European Series 2015 tickets and the chance to win an all expenses paid trip for two to one of the 2015 Extreme Drift AllStars European Grand Prix.”
BLE will take place Oct. 7-9 at London's Olympia exhibition hall.
- More than 70 new exhibitors including The Jim Henson Company, Boj, Von Dutch, Ann Edwards, Chelsea Football Club, UEFA Euro 2016 and Bond 24.
- Celebrity appearances including Dave Benson Phillips, the voice of Dr. Woof in the "Boj" TV series and "Pip Ahoy!" narrator and singer Stacey Solomon.
- "Britain's Got Talent" winners Ashleigh & Pudsey, will celebrate Pudsey the Dog's global licensing deal at the Carte Blanche stand on the first day of the show.
- Pink Key Consulting will exhibit Pringles for licensing for the first time, and is seeking licenses across Europe that can take the brand into apparel, accessories, gifting and housewares.
- Keynote sessions will be hosted by Leah Davis, head of marketing, and Simon Massie-Taylor, commercial director, at Team GB on day one, and on day two by Vu Bui, the chief operating officer at Mojang, the maker of "Minecraft."
- Over 17 free educational sessions and a brand-new Brands & Lifestyle Education Theatre, run in partnership with Brand Jam.
- Throughout the show, a celebrity Table Dennis tournament will run, raising awareness of the sport as an effective therapy for the early stages of dementia, in partnership with property owner DC Thomson Consumer Products, Bounce Alzheimer's Therapy Foundation and Table Tennis England.
- New Clangers costume characters, Small and Tiny, will be revealed for the first time at the Coolabi stand ahead of the classic series' return to the BBC in early 2015, after a 45-year absence.
- Withit Licensing will be exhibiting products that have been entirely designed and developed in-house for the first-time ever for three of its key brands: Phizzogs, Joey & Joy and Kitties in the Cities.
- New preschool series "The Furchester Hotel" characters Phoebe and Furgus will make an appearance at the Copyright Promotions Licensing Group stand.
- Sam McBratney, author of Guess How Much I Love You, will be at the Walker Books stand to mark the book’s 20th anniversary.
- Redan Alchemy will reveal whether Sooty or Sweep is the U.K.’s favorite character in its poll by Golden Bear on day two of the show.
- Moomin's stand will honor author Tove Jansson, celebrating 100 years of her stories, and will also preview the new feature film Moomins on the Riviera.
- Historic Royal Palaces will showcase its award-winning gardening range from Briers.
- The finale of the License This! contest will take place on the last day of the show, featuring the four finalist properties: Ailsa Black Artwork, Chef and Sue, Give a Hoot and RaNT!
For more details on BLE and to register to attend, visit BrandLicensing.eu.