Licensing Expo has announced that several exhibitors will host celebrity appearances, meet-and-greet events and photo opportunities at their booths on the show floor.
Exhibitors hosting these events include Authentic Brands Group, A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds, Brand Central, Grumpy Cat, InventHelp, Little Red Truck Licensing Group and Sesame Workshop, among others.
“We’re excited that our exhibitors are capitalizing on the platform Licensing Expo provides as the world’s largest licensing trade show,” says Jessica Blue, senior vice president, Global Licensing Group, UBM. “Hosting these exclusive events adds another dimension to the vibrant show floor and immensely benefits our exhibitors by bringing more attendees and prospective business partners to their booths.”
Exhibitor events taking place at Licensing Expo 2018 include:
- Authentic Brands Group (Booth #S212)–On Tuesday, May 22, from 1-2 p.m., Julius “Dr. J” Erving will meet with Expo attendees after taping his podcast “House Call with Dr. J.”
- A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds (Booth #S255)–On Tuesday, May 22, from 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m., award-winning artist and creator of A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds, Robert Aragon, will be signing free copies of A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds coloring and activity books. During the signing, attendees will have the opportunity to visit Cuds and Robert and say hello.
- Costume Character Parade (LW104) –The parade, featuring dozens of familiar and favorite faces from beloved brands at Licensing Expo, will take place from 11-11:30 a.m. in the Character & Entertainment Zone on May 22 and May 23. On Tuesday, the characters will be also available for photo opportunities from 12-12:30 p.m. in front of Café #U256.
- Disney and Lenovo (Booth #Q248)–During floor hours, attendees can battle each other in “Star Wars: Jedi Challenges,” a first-of-its-kind smartphone-powered Star Wars augmented reality (AR) experience featuring the Lenovo Mirage AR headset, a lightsaber controller and more.
- Grumpy Cat (Booth #L236) –During each day of the show, the pop culture icon will be available for photo opportunities from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- InventHelp (Booth #J80)–On Tuesday, from 1:30-3 p.m., InventHelp’s partner and two-time world heavyweight boxing champion, George Foreman, will meet with attendees at the InventHelp booth.
- Licensing Expo Opening Night Party–Taking place on Tuesday, from 7:30-10:30 p.m. at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, the week’s largest networking event will celebrate 20 years of License Global and feature entertainment from party sponsors The Brand Liaison, Dependable Solutions, Jelly Belly and Rovio.
- Little Red Truck Licensing Group (Booth #H86)–On Tuesday afternoon, 1-3 p.m. Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York, will be at Booth #H86 to meet with prospective licensees. She will also be available for meet-and-greet opportunities.
- Little Red Truck Licensing Group (Booth #H86)–On Wednesday, from 12-4 p.m., “Modern Hero” host and creator, Julia Farbman, will be available for meet-and-greet opportunities.
- Nickelodeon (Booth #O180)–During show floor hours on May 22 and 23, title characters from Nickelodeon’s animated preschool series “Sunny Day” and “Nella the Princess Knight” will visit the Nickelodeon booth and be available for photo opportunities.
- Sesame Workshop (Booth #Q192)–In the lobby area on May 22 and 23, Cookie Monster and puppeteer David Rudman will be available for photo opportunities.
- Scott Living (Booth #J110)–On Tuesday at 4 p.m., Drew and Jonathan Scott, founders of Scott Brothers Global, will be available for a meet-and-greet.
- Suzy’s Zoo (Booth #A92)–On Tuesday, May 22, from 11-11:30 a.m., Suzy Spafford, creator of Suzy’s Zoo, will be signing pieces of art for attendees to commemorate the brand’s 50th anniversary.
- Warner Music Artist Services (Booth #B204)–At 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, the American boy band In Real Life will perform live. The brand will also host a photo meet-and-greet session.
Licensing Expo takes place May 22-24 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
To register for Licensing Expo, click here.