Awards were unveiled on March 4 at its premiere live virtual event that gathers nearly 250 industry executives from France and around the world.
The event was hosted by Christophe Drevet of CDR Strategy and Licensing International France’s Florence Ayem and Laurent Taieb.
The 12 Awards winners were selected from among the 104 submissions received, an increase of 30 percent versus last year.
2021 Licensing International France Awards winners include:
- Best Licensed Product: LEGO for the Super Mario construction range;
- Best Retail or Digital Activation: PicWicToys for We Need to Find Santa Claus;
- Best Promotion or Event: Warner Bros. Consumer Products for the LU x DC Comics x Funko activation;
Best Licensed Collaboration: Crunchyroll for the Captain Tsubasa x French Football Federation;
- Best Digital Brand: Super Mario / Nintendo;
- Best Entertainment Brand: Harry Potter / Warner Bros. Entertainment;
- Best Sport Brand: National Basketball Association;
- Best Licensee: Funko;
- Best Celebrity, Corporate Or Lifestyle Brand: Koh-Lanta / TF1 Licences;
- Best Licensor or Licensing Agency: The Pokémon Company International; and
- French Rising Star: Jeanne Balédent, manager, licensing, Wildbrain CPLG.
In addition to the award winners above, Licensing International France extended a special mention to the following entries that, while not winning an award, still captured LI‘s attention.
Licensing International France Crushes include:
- Barbapapa x Merci collaboration with TF1 Licences;
- The Bureau for The Deep Game Dama Dreams;
- Label Chaussette x RATP la ligne for its socks line; and
- “Find Me in Paris” and Wagram Music.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.