The Point.1888 has raised the bar for Moonbug Entertainment properties, including “Blippi,” “CoComelon” and “My Magic Pet Morphle” with the signing of 12 licensees across EMEA as sub-agents. The Point.1888 was appointed last summer as the master licensing agency across EMEA for Moonbug. A broad range of categories have been included in these brand expansions, including clothing, puzzles, arts and crafts, games and outdoor.
“Every agent we’ve signed really understands the new digital world that kids live in and that properties on YouTube, Netflix, Amazon and others can have just as successful a launch at retail as those on a traditional broadcaster, if not more so,” says Bethan Garton, commercial director, The Point.1888. “Our agents will all act as ambassadors of Moonbug and The Point.1888 in their region and so a retail approach is key. They will be working with and educating retailers across EMEA on the strength of digital content brands.”
The sub-agents secured by the U.K.-based agency across the EMEA include:
- German brand licensing agent, The Brand Residence, in Germany, Austria and Sweden;
- The Spanish agent, El Ocho, in Iberia;
- The Evolution of Licensing in the Italian market;
- Spacetoons, one of the largest kids entertainment conglomerates in the Middle East, to act as both sub-agent as well as broadcaster of ‘CoComelon’ in this region;
- LDI, whose clients include Warner Brothers and Disney, in Israel, Turkey and Cyprus;
- ELC, licensing agency in CEE, to cover Eastern Europe for The Point.1888’s program;
- Brand4rent in Russia;
- CLM, in South Africa;
- License Connection in the Benelux region;
- Ferly in The Nordics; and
- Brand Energy will cover France.
So far, all sub-agents are in discussion with prospective licensees in their territories and a number of agreements are now in place. Jazwares and Bandai are working with the sub-agents and The Point.1888 on the master toy launch of “CoComelon” and “Blippi” across EMEA this year, following a 2020 launch in the U.K. Character Options is planning for the launch of its master toy range for “My Magic Pet Morphle” this fall.
“The success that we’ve seen so far has been phenomenal and allows families across the globe to connect with their favorite Moonbug characters,” says Jo Galpin, international licensing manager, Moonbug. “The Point.1888 have been excellent partners and we look forward to what each sub-agent will bring to their region.”