- Vivid Imaginations is the master toy licensee worldwide excluding the U.S. and Asia. Publishers Simon & Schuster will produce a series of activity, novelty, sticker and storybooks across both print and digital formats that are scheduled to launch at retail in the U.K. in fall 2015.
- DC Thomson will publish the official Thunderbirds Are Go annual and monthly magazine.
- Kokomo will lead the personal care category with a range of toiletry items.
- Danilo will produce a range of greetings cards and a “Thunderbirds Are Go” calendar.
- Posh Paws will launch bags and backpacks in 2016.
This year at Brand Licensing Europe, ITVS GE offered guests a sneak peek at the Thunderbirds Are Go digital hub, as well as a large-scale model of Thunderbird 1, created for the show by Pukeko Pictures and Weta Workshop.
“The ‘Thunderbirds Are Go’ consumer products program is rolling out at full force,” says Trudi Hayward, senior vice president, head of global merchandising, ITVS GE. “Our strategic approach has been to sign partners that have a strong understanding of the heritage of ‘Thunderbirds’ while embracing our new re-make to develop innovative new products. With impressive partners on board, the broadcast in place and an overwhelming response received from fans and the market to-date, we cannot wait to unveil the next stage of the international rollout of the series."
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.