Cartoon Network Upfront Reveals New Series & More
The children’s network has unveiled a slate of new content including “Infinity Train,” “Apple & Onion,” “Summer Camp Island” and more.
GLOBAL–Cartoon Network revealed its plans for the 2018-19 season at its annual upfront presentation.
The new series will mark the network’s largest slate of content to date from a new wave of creators “telling stories that are relevant and reflective of today’s kids,” according to the company.
New series include:
• “Infinity Train,” a mystery adventure that follows a young girl named Tulip after she finds herself on a train full of infinite worlds and tries to find her way home.
• “Victor and Valentino,” which follows two half-brothers who spend a summer with their grandma in a small mysterious town, where the myths and legends of Latin American folklore come to life.
• “Apple & Onion,” a new buddy comedy that introduces Apple and Onion, who have decided to leave their hometowns to experience big city living.
• “Craig of the Creek,” which will follow Craig as he leads his best friends on comical journeys at their neighborhood creek;
• “Summer Camp Island,” which follows Oscar and his best friend Hedgehog and the mysteries that unfold at a magical summer camp.
Additionally, Cartoon Network has revealed a host of returning series including “Adventure Time,” “Ben 10,” “OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes,” “Steven Universe,” “The Amazing World of Gumball,” “The Powerpuff Girls,” “Teen Titans Go!,” “Unikitty!” and “We Bare Bears.”
“It has always been in our DNA to embrace kids for who they are and build relatable worlds, stories and characters for them,” says Christina Miller, president, Cartoon Network-Adult Swim-Boomerang. “This moment is especially exciting because this new wave of talent naturally brings depth and interactivity to their storytelling. It is a perfect match for our audience!”
Cartoon Network has also laid out plans for digital experiences across its mobile, web and streaming platforms.
New digital experiences include:
• “Bloons Adventure Time TD” by Ninja Kiwi, a web game based on the “Bloons Tower Defense” franchise.
• “Ben 10 Alien Experience,” an updated and enhanced augmented reality game that will feature new gameplay, levels and enemies allowing fans to become Ben 10 in their own environment
• “The Steven Universe Podcast,” a continuation of the podcast that provides an in-depth exploration of the people and places that make up the “Steven Universe” world.
“Cartoon Network continues to see growth in time spent on video and gaming platforms as kids are enjoying our content across a vast array of environments,” says Donna Speciale, president, Turner Ad Sales. “The best way for brands to reach and engage our fans is through a total audience approach that captures all of these relevant spaces.”