Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products has announced that more than 30 new U.K. licensees have signed on for the new “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” TV series, which will premiere in September in the U.S. and in October in the U.K.
The deals cover all product categories, making this the largest slate of U.K. licensees attached to a Nickelodeon property prior to a series premiere.
The first products to come to shelves–action figures from Flair, the master toy distributor on behalf of Playmates Toys–will be available in the U.K. in December. Flair will be joined by the following other licensees:
- Worlds Apart will develop a bedroom and outdoor play range;
- Sambro will be launching wheeled goods, games and arts and crafts products;
- In apparel, TV Mania will be the show’s outerwear partner with Cooneen Misirli doing nightwear and William Lamb on footwear;
- A host of accessories and gift partners will be developing ranges including VMC and Zeon;
- Character World is joined by Vogue International in the homewares category
- Egmont joins for annuals with previously announced publishing license holder Parragon;
- Copywrite Designs will develop stationery products for back-to-school;
- Greeting cards and other party supplies will be handled by Hallmark and Amscan;
- In the food category, deals with BIP, Kinnerton and Lightbody have all been inked.
More U.K. and international partners will be announced in the coming weeks.
“The reaction from licensee and retail partners to the ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ is unlike anything that we have ever seen before,” says Mark Kingston, vice president, consumer products U.K., Australia, Russia, Israel and CEE, retail sales and trade marketing, Europe. “I think the enthusiasm around the property speaks to the extraordinary appeal of the brand. Our partners recognize the strength of the Turtles, the opportunities that lay in the series’ unique mix of comedy and action along with its striking visual style. There really is nothing out there like this property, and I can’t wait to see Leo, Raph, Donnie and Mikey emerge from the sewers of New York to take over the high streets of the U.K.”
In the lead up to the show premiere, Nickelodeon has also created a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles website, available in 13 regions and 10 languages. The new site will launch Thursday.