The deals cover all product categories, making this the largest slate of U.K. licensees attached to a Nickelodeon property prior to a series premiere.
The first products to come to shelves–action figures from Flair, the master toy distributor on behalf of Playmates Toys–will be available in the U.K. in December. Flair will be joined by the following other licensees:
- Worlds Apart will develop a bedroom and outdoor play range;
- Sambro will be launching wheeled goods, games and arts and crafts products;
- In apparel, TV Mania will be the show’s outerwear partner with Cooneen Misirli doing nightwear and William Lamb on footwear;
- A host of accessories and gift partners will be developing ranges including VMC and Zeon;
- Character World is joined by Vogue International in the homewares category
- Egmont joins for annuals with previously announced publishing license holder Parragon;
- Copywrite Designs will develop stationery products for back-to-school;
- Greeting cards and other party supplies will be handled by Hallmark and Amscan;
- In the food category, deals with BIP, Kinnerton and Lightbody have all been inked.
More U.K. and international partners will be announced in the coming weeks.
“The reaction from licensee and retail partners to the ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ is unlike anything that we have ever seen before,” says Mark Kingston, vice president, consumer products U.K., Australia, Russia, Israel and CEE, retail sales and trade marketing, Europe. “I think the enthusiasm around the property speaks to the
In the lead up to the show premiere, Nickelodeon has also created a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles website, available in 13 regions and 10 languages. The new site will launch Thursday.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.