and MipJunior have revealed the jury for this year's 7th annual Licensing Challenge, a pitching session designed to showcase the TV property with the greatest licensing potential.
The Licensing Challenge will be moderated by Tony Lisanti, global editorial director of
This year's judges for the event are:
- Patricia de Wilde, director of licensing, Marathon Media
- Holly Stein, vice president of licensing acquisitions, Mattel
- Jennifer Lawlor, vice president of emerging markets and business development, Nickelodeon Consumer Products
- Maura Regan, senior vice president and general manager of global consumer products, Sesame Workshop
- Mary Carmen Rotter, director of consumer products, Televisa International
- Sandra Sheppard, director and executive producer of children's and educational programming, PBS Thirteen/WNET New York
The international jury will select a winner during a live pitch session from six finalists on Oct. 2. Last year's competition had nearly 100 entries. Selection criteria will be based on uniqueness and overall appeal of the property (innovation, character development, etc.); the look, story and themes of the show; distribution and/or broadcast plans; clear potential for licensing and franchise potential; relevance and appeal of property with identified audience target; and merchandising potential.
The winner will be offered advice on how to expand and develop the property. The Hive, a 2009 finalist, was recently picked up for broadcast on Playhouse Disney across
For more information on Licensing Challenge 2010 and to enter a submission,click here.
Closing date for entries is Sept. 1.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.