Your Essential Guide to the Brand Licensing Industry
What Do ‘Star Wars’ toys, Manchester United diaries and VW camper van tents have in common? Licensing!
BRAND LICENSING HAS become a business imperative for any brand owner or product maker looking to take their company to the next level. It is one of the best ways to create an experiential shopping opportunity for customers to engage with beloved brands in novel ways.
The glamour and appeal of products licensed to hit movies, TV shows, sports events, celebrities, famous characters and even fashion brands make them eminently suitable for products across verticals and regions.
Included in the Handbook
- What Do ‘Star Wars’ toys, Manchester United diaries and VW camper van tents have in common? Licensing!
- The Licensing Mix - The value of different industry verticals
- Getting started in Brand Licensing - In this handbook, we dispel some myths that surround licensing.
- Nuts and Bolts of Licensing - DON’T PANIC! The business side of licensing really is straightforward and not as confusing as some of the vocabulary would have you believe.
- Top Tips for a Productive Licensing Conversation
- The Business of Licensing - vision for the products, determine how they will be sold and outline a sales forecast.
- Designing the Product
- Bringing Licensed Goods to a Digital Market
- Case Studies: How Brands Are Capitalizing on New Consumer Trends - Funko, V&A, Ford, Peter Rabbit
"We hope this guide inspires you to take on new opportunities in licensing and grow your business by leveraging the power of brand extensions." - Brand Director, Global Licensing Group