Retail sales of NHL merchandise on shop.NHL.com were also up 14 percent compared to 2016.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ Sidney Crosby has taken the lead on the National Hockey League’s list of best-selling player jerseys for the 2016-17 regular season.
The rankings are based on overall retail sales on Shop.NHL.com since the beginning of the season last October.
Rounding out the top five players in jersey sales (in order) is the Chicago Blackhawks’ Patrick Kane and Jonathan Towes, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ Auston Matthews and the New York Rangers’ Henrik Lundqvist.
Furthermore, sales of NHL merchandise on shop.NHL.com during the regular season were up 14 percent year-over-year. Jersey sales also rose 11 percent during the same period.
Top 20 Most Popular NHL Jerseys
- Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
- Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
- Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs
- Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
- Connor McDavid, Edmonton Oilers
- Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
- Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues
- Claude Giroux, Philadelphia Flyers
- Ryan McDonagh, New York Rangers
- Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
- Shayne Gostisbehere, Philadelphia Flyers
- Zach Parise, Minnesota Wild
- Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens
- Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins
- John Tavares, New York Islanders
- Dylan Larkin, Detroit Red Wings
- Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
- Kris Letang, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit Red Wings