Sally Hansen’s Crayola Insta-Dry nail color collection was also named the recipient of the first-ever LIMA Community Choice Award.
Additionally, the evening event welcomed Elias Fasja-Cohen, chief executive officer and founder, Tycoon Enterprises, and Brian Goldner, chairman and chief executive officer, Hasbro, into the LIMA Licensing Hall of Fame.
“This was an outstanding year for the LIMA Awards program. Not only did we receive a record 700 submissions, but 42 percent of the nominees originated from outside the U.S.,” says Charles Riotto, president, LIMA. “Tonight’s winners truly exemplify the very best of our global industry. They are innovative leaders in their respective categories and across the licensing landscape.”
This year’s winners include:
- Art/Design–The Very Hungry Caterpillar/The World of Eric Carle from Eric Carle Studio/The Joester Loria Group
- Celebrity/Fashion–Dear Drew by Barrymore Brands/CAA-GBG
- Character/Toy Brand–L.O.L. Surprise! by MGA Entertainment
- Corporate Brand–Pantone by Pantone/Brand Central
- Digital–Emoji by The Emoji Company/Global Merchandising Services
- Film/Television/Entertainment (Animated)–“Rick and Morty” by Adult Swim and Cartoon Network.
- Film/Televsiion/Entertainment (Live Action)–JoJo Siwa by Nickelodeon
- Food and Beverage/Restaurant–Guinness by Diageo/Beanstalk
- Sports–WWE by WWE
- Licensed Promotion–“Masters of the Universe” and Dirty Dancing from Mattel and Lionsgate/Born Licensing
- Location-Based or Experiential Intiaitve–National Geographic Encounter by National Geographic
- Retailer–Spirit Halloween for “Stranger Things”
- Apparel/Footwear/Accessories–Vans for Peanuts footwear, apparel and accessories
- Appliances/Automotive/Electronics/Hardware/Housewares/Paint–Broil Chef for Star Wars Tie Fighter Gas Grill
- Digital (Apps, Software, Video)–amazon for “Sesame Street” Alexa Skill
- Food/Beverage–Brand & Vision for “Sesamstrasse” (“Sesame Street”) organic food range
- Health and Beauty Aids–Sally Hansen for Crayola Insta-Dry nail color collection
- Home Décor (Domestics, Furniture, Giftware, Textiles)–Jay Franco and Sons for “Minecraft” home collection
- Publishing/Social Expression/Back-to-School–Lovepop for Beatles pop-up cards
- Toys/Games/Novelties/Role Play (0-12)–Cra-Z-Art for Nickelodeon Slime kits
- Toys/Games/Novelties/Role Play (13-plus)–The LEGO Group for LEGO Star Wars BB-8 – 75187.