Brand Licensing Europe has unveiled its online agenda which will go live on the 22 November as part of the online experience supporting the in-person event, taking place 17-19 November at ExCeL London, allowing attendees to enjoy sessions on-demand and use their time at the show to focus on in-person meetings, live experiences and walking the floor.
The two-day online event (30 November – 1 December) offers additional virtual networking and learning opportunities. The networking allows those who attend BLE in-person to book follow up and overflow meetings and ensures that people who are unable to travel to London for BLE don’t miss out on valuable business opportunities. With 1,500+ meetings already confirmed, the free meetings platform is already open allowing registered attendees to start planning their diary and send meetings requests.
The event’s online content programme will continue the show’s ‘What’s Next’ theme and includes three online-only ‘In Conversation’ sessions with senior executives from ViacomCBS Consumer Products; a Sustainability Panel with Products of Change and Licensing U, alongside the option to watch recordings of the Team GB and ViacomCBS live keynotes; the five ‘What’s Next at Retail’ sessions taking place at the show and more – all of this content will be available to watch on demand until 28 February, 2022.
ONLINE-ONLY CONTENT INCLUDES:
‘D&I In Conversation’ sessions with ViacomCBS executives
Diversity in the Workplace with
- Wincie Knight, VP Global inclusion Strategy, ViacomCBS International
- Nancy Lenghorn, Global Chief Inclusion and Culture Officer, MediaCom (moderator)
Diversity in Content with
- Wendy Harris – SVP of Content & Creative Affairs, 9 Story Media Group
- Farrell Hall – Chief Inclusion Officer, 9 Story Media Group
- Nina Hahn – Senior Vice President, International Production & Development, Nickelodeon International & Head of ViacomCBS International Studios (VIS) Kids
- Keith Dawkins, Founder & CEO, Rock Hill Media Ventures (moderator)
Diversity in Products with
- Simta Sawhney, UK Category Direct, ViacomCBS Consumer Products
- Shalom Lloyd, Founder & Managing Director, Naturally Tribal
- Saphia Maxamed, President @London Entertainment Inc & Founder, Black Lives Matter Licensing (moderator)
Brands for Social Change
Join Products of Change as they talk to Yellow Octopus, Newlife, Preloved Kilo and George at Asda to discuss how they are diverting clothes from landfill and building a fully circular fashion industry. Speakers include:
- Amanda Gallacher, Sustainability and Brand, George at Asda
- Sheila Brown, CEO, Newlife
- Steve Lynam, MD, Preloved Kilo
- Jack Ostrowski, Founder and CEO, Yellow Octopus
- Helena Mansell-Stopher, Founder, Products of Change (moderator)
“The quality of content for BLE online is phenomenal and hats off to ViacomCBS for curating three amazing sessions delivered from very senior perspectives on some of the most important topics businesses within licensing are addressing right now,” said Anna Knight, VP Licensing, Informa Markets.
“These sessions – and more – are just a small part of a much bigger focus for BLE and the Global Licensing Group around sustainability and D&I during 2022. We promise to continue sparking these incredibly important conversations at each of our flagship events and conferences and through License Global content.
BLE and Licensing International are bringing the Licensing U programme to Europe for the first time. Featuring 14 presentations across three tracks - Basics, Spotlights and Tactics & Strategies – Licensing U is a one-stop-shop education programme about the $292bn licensing industry for newcomers and experienced professionals.
Licensing U will take on a fully virtual format and will be available on demand for three months from 22 November 2021. Tickets start at £145 if purchased ahead of the event, or £160 in the platform, and can be purchased when registering for BLE. (Licensing International members can enjoy a 10% discount).
“We’re pleased that Licensing U, which has long been a mainstay of Licensing Expo Las Vegas, is now part of BLE, with outstanding speakers and presenters, offering information and insights for both industry newcomers and seasoned executives,” said Maura Regan, President of Licensing International.
How does licensing work? What do I need to know to get started? Executives and experts will create the foundation of your licensing knowledge to help you understand the ins and outs of the business.
- Basics of Licensing
- Licensing Law for Non-Lawyers
- Working with Agents & Consultants:
- Style Guides: Bringing Brands to Life
We’ll take a deep dive into some of the key growth categories within the licensing business, covering the unique aspects of those classifications, current trends and spotlighting some of the opportunities and challenges that are ahead.
- Art Licensing
- Location-Based Licensing
- Sports Licensing
- Gaming & eSports
Tactics & Strategies Track:
Aside from the products and brands themselves, the success of a licensing program is determined by how it’s brought to market. These sessions will examine some of the forces at play, and how licensing executives create strategies to give them the best chance to succeed.
- The Key to Successful Partnerships & Collaborations
- Confronting Supply Chain Challenges
- The Changing Face of Retail
- How to Promote Diversity & Inclusion in Licensing, Marketing and Advertising: A UNICEF Playbook
To register for free to attend Brand Licensing Europe, click here.