David Byrne has joined the company as chief operating officer.
Byrne will spearhead strategy and operation for Sybo, with a focus on building the “Subway Surfers” brand and assembling teams to develop new games. His expertise spans gaming and includes positions as chief operating officer at NaturalMotion, Rovio, Playfish and Electronic Arts U.K.
“David’s wealth of experience and vast connections in the games industry combined with his incredible leadership qualities will be vital as we power into the year,” says Mathias Gredal Norvig, chief executive officer, Sybo Games. “With David on board, we are in a prime position to move full-speed ahead and seize ambitious opportunities.”
Naz Amarchi-Cuevas has been promoted to chief commercial officer.
In her new role, Amarchi-Cuevas will assume new responsibilities including franchise strategy and intellectual property development, brand marketing consumer products, licensing and general commercial strategy.
“In the last 18 months, Naz has been instrumental in creating a commercial foundation for the brand, implementing a spot-on business strategy that expands the ‘Subway Surfers’ universe, while developing and empowering the teams,” says Norvig. “David and Naz complete our executive team, and we now have a strategic, commercial and operational powerhouse ready to win big in 2019 and beyond.”
Sybo has also secured representation agreements with multiple licensing partners that include:
- Retail Monster for U.S.;
- Retail Monster U.K. for the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland);
- BN Licensing for Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg; Premium Licensing for Italy;
- Mega Licensing for Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan;
- Dream Theatre for India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Maldives;
- Lotus Global Marketing for Brazil; Lotus Global Marketing-ROLA for South America (Colombia, Caribbean Islands, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Honduras, Belize, Nicaragua, Panama, Costa Rica, Guatemala and El Salvador;
- Sagoo for France;
- Animation International for Turkey and NLC for the Nordic territories (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland), based in Copenhagen.
Sybo will release a surprise 11th episode of “Subway Surfers” via SyboTV, the hub for “Subway Surfers” content.