Following a deal with publishing house DJ Murphy, The Point.1888 and Moonbug Entertainment have secured six additional licensee partners for children’s brand Blippi.
“The brand licensing program for Blippi is really picking up pace, and that is in part thanks to the incredible team at Moonbug, who have been so open to our ideas and share our passion in making this a success,” says Bethan Garton, commercial director, The Point.1888. “It may look like there’s a lot going on now, but trust me when I say, it’s about to get even busier!”
The brand extension specialist was appointed last summer as the master licensing agency across EMEA for Blippi, along with other brands in Moonbug’s portfolio including “CoComelon,” “My Magic Pet Morphle” and “ARPO.” Since coming on board, The Point.1888 has signed licensees across a broad range of categories including clothing, puzzles and games.
New licensees secured by The Point.1888 for Blippi are:
- Scholastic, the global publishing, education and media company, has been signed as master publisher;
- Poetic Brands, a specialist clothing manufacturer, which will produce a range of kids’ daywear;
- Misirli, a leading underwear and hosiery manufacturer, which will produce Blippi-branded socks;
- TDP Textiles and Aykroyds & Sons, leading manufacturers and distributors of licensed nightwear and swimwear that will produce Blippi-branded pajamas and swimwear;
- RMS International, which will produce puzzles; and
- Zak, a lunchware specialist that will create lunch boxes.
These new licensees join Blippi’s existing partners Jazwares, Creative Kids, Texco, Round Room and DJ Murphy.
“The Point.1888 has been an excellent partner, and these new licensees are a testament to the hard work that the team has put into expanding the playful world of Blippi,” says Simon Philips, senior in-house advisor, Moonbug.