Interactive exhibition will showcase multiple characters and scenes from the children’s series.
Nickelodeon has tapped the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, Hawaii, for a new exhibit featuring Dora and Diego from the preschool series “Dora the Explorer” and “Go, Diego, Go!”
"Dora and Diego–Let’s Explore" will also feature other characters from the series including Boots the monkey, Map, Backpack, Isa the iguana, Tico the squirrel and Swiper the fox.
The exhibit will also include a number of activities and places from episodes of both shows including:
- The Purple Planet–This home will invite young visitors to climb inside and slide down the surface of the Purple Planet.
- Rocket Ship–Preschoolers will be encouraged to put on a spacesuit, pilot the ship and test their memory with images of planets as they help Dora and Boots take their friends from outer space home.
- Constellations–Children and families will be able to help identify the patterns made of stars by inserting star shapes to light up a constellation.
- Isa’s Flower Garden–Preschool visitors will be able to tour Isa’s garden to pick flowers; interact with birds, butterflies and insect puppets; and pretend to fly with bird and butterfly wings.
- Tico’s Tree and Car–Young guests will be able to help Tico pick nuts from the tree for a family picnic.
- Pirate Ship–Preschoolers will be able to dress like a pirate and join the Pirate Piggies crew to pretend to sail the ship and divvy up the treasure.
- Animal Rescue Center–Guests will be able to practice helping and caring for rainforest animals at Diego’s Animal Rescue Center.
- Rainforest Maze–Children will be able to explore the rainforest in order to locate a variety of animals.
"Dora and Diego – Let’s Explore!" will be open at the Bishop Museum, Oct. 8 through Jan. 8, in the Castle Memorial Building.