Batman v Superman continues with raft of promotional campaigns in the EMEA region.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, has added multiple licensees and promotional deals across the EMEA region for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
WBCP has secured promotional deals with the following stores:
- Primark–The retailer is hosting POS executions in 293 stores across Europe. The retailer’s Find Your Hero social media campaign also complements the retailer’s merchandise commitment.
- El Corte Ingles–The chain is currently running a cross-category promotion in 91 stores that features original Batman v Superman costumes.
- LC Waikiki–The Turkey-based company is promoting the movie through an apparel drive and branded windows across 90 stores.
- Jack Jones–The Fashion retailer currently has active promotions in 400 stores across Germany, Norway, Finland, Denmark and France.
- Deichmann–The German-owned footwear group has launched a new footwear range inspired by the movie in 3,300 of its European stores. The new range is also be supported by retailer-initiated advertising and front-of-store promotion.
- Carrefour–The retailer is currently running cross-category activations in France, Italy and Spain, which are supported by high visibility POS and in-store events.
- Kaufland–The retail partner for Germany and East Central Europe currently has promotions running in 1200 hypermarkets, which are supported by the distribution of 50 million promotional flyers.
- Lidl–The company is stocking products in 6,500 of its stores across the EMEA region.
- HMV–The British entertainment specialist is supporting the film with a front-of-store, cross-category merchandising program with a range of products including apparel, accessories, games, publishing and electronics.
On a local level, La Grande Récré is running a promotional campaign in France, Belgium and Spain while Smyths and Argos are running promotions in the U.K. Meanwhile, Toy Planet, Juguettos, Toy Centre, Toyzz Shop and Hamley’s are all running campaigns in Spain, Italy, Turkey and the Middle East respectively. The Toy Store will also run a promotional across its stores in the Middle East and its first European store on London’s Oxford Street.
On the toys end, U.K.-based Argos is hosting a drawing for Batman v Superman toy bundles. Additionally, WBCP’s global and local toy partners–including global master toy licensee Mattel, The LEGO Group, Spinmaster and more–are benefitting Toys ‘R’ Us’ promotional campaign. Taking place in more than 300 stores across the U.K., France, Spain and Central Europe, Toys ‘R’ Us is hosting photo calls, themed events and gift-with-purchase incentives.
Other retail highlights include a dedicated DC Comics store on Amazon U.K., France, Spain, Italy and Germany.