April 6, 2018
Music-based logo moves into new categories with Character World, Tam Beauty and more.
One of the most recognizable images in the music industry, the Parental Advisory logo’s core function is to help consumers make informed choices about music and videos that may contain explicit lyrics or images. But in recent years, it has developed a secondary use as a rebellious, edgy fashion statement striking a chord with lifestyle retailers.
New licensees for the brand include:
- Blueprint Collections for stationery items including notebooks, pencil cases and pens;
- Character World for homewares including bedding, cushions, blankets and towels;
- Gemma International for a range of greetings cards;
- Zak UK for lunchware, drinkware, money banks, keyrings and badges; and
- Tam Beauty for branded make-up.
These new licensees join previously announced apparel partners BCI, Trademark and Misirli who will be launching product throughout the year. Parental Advisory sweatshirts and t-shirts are already available through existing partners H&M and Truffle Shuffle, which will also continue to develop new designs and ranges for their consumers.
“This rapidly growing licensing program is driven by the fact that Parental Advisory is an incredibly fashionable brand and in line with current trends,” says John Taylor, commercial director,CPLG U.K. “The brand is already making a massive impact at retail, and we are extremely excited for the plans that are beginning to take shape.”
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.