Ultraman Day kicks off on Shu.Watch on July 10 at 10AM PST and will feature a slew of celebrities, special guests, live artwork, giveaways, unboxing videos and more as the world celebrates 54 years of Ultraman.
Ultraman Day is sponsored by Tsuburaya Productions, Elevated Games, and Mill Creek Entertainment. Also supporting the event is Ultraman Galaxy, the official North America Ultraman platform spearheaded by Tsuburaya, with support by The Licensing Group and Starlight Runner Entertainment.
The celebratory day will also feature the launch of the official online Ultraman Galaxy Store, which will display exclusive collectible Ultraman merchandise featuring the poster artwork of Marvel’s Alex Ross cover created for “The Rise of Ultraman” issue number one, on sale this September.
Ultraman, created by Eiji Tsuburaya, was created on July 10, 1966 when Tsuburaya Productions broadcast a stage event called “Ultraman Eve: The Birth of Ultraman,” which was filmed before a live audience in Tokyo. The following week, the TV series “Ultraman” aired on Japanese TV.
The Licensing Group represents Ultraman for licensing, while Starlight Runner is supervising the new creative in America across all media. Ultraman Day will feature the following activations:
- A four-hour live show, comprising a number of events streaming on Shu.Watch (full schedule below), produced by Ultraman licensee Jaron Hinds, chief executive officer, Elevated Games, creators of the new “Ultraman: Kaiju Kombat” video game.
- Bin Furuya, the first actor to portray Ultraman, will demonstrate Ultraman’s signature move.
- There will also be conversations with Marvel Comics editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski, editor Tom Brevoort and writers Kyle Higgins and Mat Groom, the team behind Marvel’s upcoming “The Rise of Ultraman” comic series; a chance to hear toy manufacturer Marty Abrams of Mego Figures; contests, drawings, special merchandise, unboxing videos and a sneak peak of the BETA Capsule.
- Special guests will appear throughout the day, such as director of “Ultraman Z” Kiyotaka Taguchi and director of “Ultra Galaxy Fight” Koichi Sakamoto, plus “Ultraman” actors Hiroko Sakurai, Susumu Kurobe, and Bin Furuya.
- The launch of the official North America Ultraman Galaxy Store, an opportunity for fans around North America to purchase exclusive Ultraman merchandise online. The store will offer July 10 products with special Ultraman designs and artwork available for a limited time.
- A look at Mill Creek Entertainment’s “The Birth of Ultraman” on Blu-ray, which features episodes from the original “Ultraman” series in Japanese with English dubbing, and the rare pre-premiere special, a filmed event that took place on July 10, 1966.