“CLC appreciates the opportunity to grow the licensing business of each of these universities,” says Cory Moss, senior vice president and managing director, CLC. “Our staff–the largest and deepest in the industry–remains dedicated to delivering personal service, innovation, and creative opportunities for these partners by being at the forefront of every major opportunity in the collegiate market.”
Highlights of the schools' current programs include:
- The ECU licensing program with CLC has increased its royalty revenues 25 of the last 29 years under CLC. CLC and ECU have worked in tandem to grow the business in key North Carolina markets, advance ECU’s Retail Champions Program and secure the university’s participation in collegiate licensing programs by Hurley, Peter Millar and Toms.
- Vanderbilt’s licensing program has produced double-digit percentage growth each of the past six years. Since partnering with CLC in 2007, Vanderbilt’s program has seen its annual royalty revenues increase by 108 percent.
- Royalty revenues generated by the Pitt licensing program have grown by 68 percent over the last 10 years, growth that has been supported by programs with PINK, Dockers and Zazzle.
- Boston University’s annual royalty revenues have reached an all-time record high each of the last two years, bolstered by expanded distribution in key retailers such as Finish Line, Lids, Nordstrom and Vineyard Vines.
- Virginia has expanded brand awareness and increased royalty revenues three of the last five years with help from programs with Brooks Brothers, Dockers and Yankee Candle.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.