- Festival of Licensing: 6-29 October online
- Free retailer registration at www.festivaloflicensing.com
– the month-long virtual celebration of the global licensing industry running from 6-29 October – has announced its retail programme, packed with exclusive content and expert advice for retailers at all experience levels.
Three trusted industry partners will deliver on demand, never-before -seen content including::
- Trend Bible Mini-Series
In the face of global disruption and radical change comes vast opportunity to innovate and respond to the needs of consumers. Trend Bible’s mini-series at the Festival of Licensing will enable retailers to learn how to use trends to spot the early signs of change and ensure they are in the best position possible to engage future consumers with relatable messages and the right products and services at the right time.
- Buyers Eye, led by Julia Redman
Retail and licensing expert, Julia Redman, will draw on her wealth of experience at some of the UK’s biggest names to outline the licensing opportunity open and available to retailers. With a nod to those who are new to the industry, Julia willidentify how retailers can enter the world of licensing, make it work for them and help build growth across the product category.
- Kids Industries, led by Gary Pope
Kids Industries Co-Founder Gary Pope will present
five short mini-documentaries – just seven minutes each – that deliver bucket loads of usable insights and include the unveiling of primary research specifically undertaken for Festival of Licensing that explores consumer attitudes to the new retail landscape from France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the UK.
“The changes to the retail landscape are seismic and families are feeling the pinch,” said Gary Pope. “But entertainment is the thing that, in times of difficulty, keeps a family together so there are reasons to be cheerful, it’s just a case of knowing where to look for them. The Kids Industries’ series will share never-before-seen fresh data and insights that are applicable and usable in the ever-changing world of retail and licensed product.”
Festival of Licensing is also hosting ‘Ask Me Anything’ live sessions enabling retailers to ask a panel of experts anything they need to know about brand licensing and retail. European experts include:
- Julia Redman, Retail Expert, Buyers Eye, Buying and Sourcing Consultancy
- Ruth Golightly Asda, Head of Buying – Children’s Clothing, Asda/George
- Angeles Blanco, Licensing Executive
- Dave Collins, co-founder PowerStation Studios
- Bethan Garton, Commercial Director, The Point.1888
- Americas experts to be announced soon….
The one-hour sessions will run as follows:
- Europe: Tuesday 6 October & Thursday 8 October from 11-12pm BST
- Americas: Tuesday 20 October & Thursday 22 October from 11-12pm PST
Dave Collins, Co-Founder of PowerStation Studios, said, “Retail needs to evolve from stock show room to an experience environment wrapped in brand narratives. I will be talking to retailers about how they can use blended digital and physical experiences that can drive footfall and increase basket spend.”
Retailers already registered to attend Festival of Licensing include Asda, Zara, Target, C&A, Selfridges, Tesco, Walmart, Forbidden Planet, Pottery Barn, Calzedonia, Oasis, Cath Kidston, Hamleys, Moonpig, Next and The Entertainer.
Anna Knight, VP, Informa Markets’ Global Licensing Group, said: “When it comes to educating, informing and supporting European retailers who work across the licensing category, we take that role very seriously and, given the challenges many retailers are facing as a result of the pandemic, it’s more important than ever for us to play our part by sharing useful content and valuable advice that can help them in their jobs and careers.”
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.