has revealed Colors of Kindness, a special edition crayon box. The all-new program is born from the classic Crayola Crayons color packs.
To make Colors of Kindness a reality that will have a long-lasting impact on children across the globe, Crayola is exhibiting at Licensing Expo, the world's largest licensing trade show, to lock-down licensee and retail partners that will aid in the manufacture and sale of licensed product complimenting the core Crayola line. The event is taking place from May 24-26 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, convening the $292 billion global licensing industry for three days of IP discovery and deal-making and thus providing an essential platform for brands like Crayola to bring new products and ideas to life.
In a recent Crayola insights study, parents listed the most important attributes they wish their children to embody as kindness (80%), self-confidence (71%), independence (68%), ability to bounce back (63%) and gets along with others (59%). Colors
Each Colors of Kindness box contains 24 Crayola Crayons. Four colors are brand new to Crayola and the remaining 20 are classic Crayola colors renamed with inspirational phrases encouraging kids to express kindness and empathy. Each color tone is assigned a specific positive message, including Go with the Flow, Kind to the Core and Life is Gouda.
“Parents want their children to grow, learn and find their passions,” says April Heeren, general manager, outbound licensing, Crayola. “At Crayola, we celebrate the colorful originality of every child. We believe creativity is a catalyst for independent curiosity and helps one get in touch with their true emotions. We could not be more excited to announce Colors of Kindness, which is intentionally designed to amplify the conversation around positive self-talk and help parents and teachers raise creatively alive kids that know how to lead with positive intention.”
Colors of Kindness sayings and colors include:
- Go with the Flow (Color: Salmon)
- A Slice of Nice (Color: Melon)
- Life is Gouda (Color: Macaroni & Cheese)
- Warm & Fuzzy (Color: Peach)
- You’re so A-Peel-Ing (Color: Banana Mania)
- Hello Sunshine (Color: Crayellow)
- Keep Moving Forward (Color: Inchworm)
- Kind to the Core (Color: Granny Smith Apple)
- Lucky to Know You (Color: Shamrock)
- Ride the Waves (Color: Caribbean Green)
- Seas the Day (Color: Seagreen)
- A Warm Hug (Color: Oatmeal)
- Peace of Mind (Color: Cool Mint)
- Spread Your Wings (Color Robin’s Egg Blue)
- Breathe Deep (Color: Turquoise Blue)
- Always Brave (Color: Cadet Blue)
- Sky’s the Limit (Color: Powder Blue)
- Spring into Action (Color: Periwinkle)
- Rise Above (Color: Purple Mountains’ Majesty)
- Best Buddies (Color: Wisteria)
- Nurture Nature (Color: Orchid)
- Be Sweet to Each Other (Color: Cotton Candy)
- Have a Scoop of Fun! (Color: Pink Sherbert)
- Heart to Heart (Color: Mauvelous)
"Helping people better engage with brands in a more meaningful and intentional way is why I love the licensing industry, whether that be leveraging the values and reach of a brand to bring joy, entertainment or education to people that bring their favorite characters or stories to life," says Anna Knight, senior vice president, Global Licensing Group, organizers of Licensing Expo. "Color of Kindness personifies the immense power licensing has to make a significant societal change. Crayola leveraged its globally recognized name to bring a smart, immersive approach to deliver on parents’ wishes to raise children that embody positive attributes such as kindness and positive intention. We are honored Crayola is exhibiting at Licensing Expo this week and is using our event to turn an idea into an awe-inspiring and world-changing product."
to learn more about the Color of Kindness IP available for license. Learn more about Colors of Kindness atCrayola.com
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.