April 6, 2018
Hasbro also won in the boy’s category for its Web Shooting Spider-Man. Other big winners were Mattel, which took home awards for Monster High and Jake and the Never Land Pirates toys, and Smyths Toys, which was named the top toy retailer and the top specialist multiple toy retailer.
Toy Supplier of the Year Awards
- Toy of the Year: Furby (Hasbro)
- Collectable Toy: Moshi figures (Vivid Imaginations)
- Girl’s Toy: Monster High Ghouls Rule doll assortment (Mattel)
- Boy’s Toy: Web Shooting Spider-Man (Hasbro)
- Preschool Toy: Jake and the Never Land Pirates Ship Bucky (Mattel)
- Construction Range: LEGO Friends (LEGO)
- Doll: Lalaloopsy Silly Hair dolls (MGA Entertainment)
- Lifestyle Toy: LeapPad2 (Leapfrog)
- Supplier of the Year: VTech
- Special Recognition awards: IMC Toys and John Adams
Toy Retailer of the Year Awards
- Overall Toy Retailer of the Year: Smyths Toys
- General Multiple Toy Retailer: Asda
- Specialist Multiple Toy Retailer: Smyths Toys
- Online Retailer: The Entertainer
- Independent Retailer: Midco Toymaster
- Special Recognition Awards: Toy Barnhaus and Harrods (Knightsbridge)
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.