Learn the licensing basics and strategies you need to make your first deal, second deal or 50th deal. This fact filled, educational seminar will include all the basics and strategies for Licensees, Licensors, and everyone in between. We’ll cover the essential topics including deal structure, royalty rates guidelines and legal tips. We’ll also showcase a few relevant licensing case studies that will show you how some of the world’s largest brands use licensing to reach their marketing and financial goals. This will be taught by Stu Seltzer who just completed his 20th year teaching a class on Brand Licensing to undergrads at New York University.
Who should watch:
• Manufacturers (Licensees): to learn how licensing can boost your sales
• Brand owners (Licensors): To learn how to use licensing to generate new revenue
• Trademark Attorneys: To learn new ways trademarks are used to generate revenue
• Finance executives: To understand the various licensing business models and learn the industry standards for creating a licensing proposal.
What you’ll learn:
• Basics: Definition and common terms in the licensing industry
• Trends: Current trends in the licensing industry
• Licensors: who are the leading licensing companies
• Risks: How to understand and analyze the licensing risks
• Royalties: How to analyze and understand the financial opportunity
• Strategies Learn about strategies utilized by licensees and licensors
• Case Studies: Actual case studies showing how companies utilize Licensing to grow their business
Stu Seltzer, President,
Seltzer Licensing Group