. In keeping with this growing trend,Sony Interactive Entertainment
(SIE) has announced the launch of its all-new PlayStation Plus game subscription service in North and South America.
The newly enhanced PlayStation Plus offers a game catalog across a diverse content portfolio. With PlayStation Plus, players can discover and engage with more content than ever before and deepen their connection with the PlayStation community through shared experiences. The launch in the Americas will be followed by Europe and Australia in late June, completing the global roll-out that started in Asia in late May.
“The global launch of the all-new PlayStation Plus represents a massive evolution of our game subscription service offering, and we are pleased that fans worldwide can now enjoy hundreds of fantastic games available in the PlayStation Plus catalog,” says Jim Ryan, president,
The subscription service will include three separate tiers:
PlayStation Plus Essential
– Provides the same benefits that current PlayStation Plus members receive, such as PS4 and PS5 monthly games, online multiplayer access, exclusive discounts and cloud storage. There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this plan and pricing remains the same.
PlayStation Plus Extra
– Includes all the benefits from the Essential plan and adds a catalog of up to 400 PlayStation 4 (PS4) and PlayStation 5 (PS5) games – including hits from the PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra plan are downloadable for play.
PlayStation Plus Premium
– Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra plans and adds up to 340 additional games, including:
- PlayStation 3 games available via cloud streaming;
- A catalog of classic games from the original PlayStation, PlayStation 2 (PS2) and PlayStation Portable (PSP) generation and
- Adding cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games.
The plan also offers time-limited game trials, so customers can try select games before they buy.
The new PlayStation Plus game catalog will include titles from dozens of studios across the globe, including PlayStation Studios developers such as Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch, and third-party partners such as Rockstar Games, Square Enix, WB Games and more. At launch, the PlayStation Plus game catalog will include titles such as “Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut,” “Marvel’s Guardian of the Galaxy,” “Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales,” “NBA 2K22” and “Red Dead Redemption 2.”
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.