Video game franchise expands with apparel, stationery, novelty merchandise and more.
Microsoft and 343 Industries have partnered with a number of licensees to launch a range of new merchandise inspired by the “Halo” video game franchise.
New licensees include:
- AC Worldwide for Bluetooth speakers in the U.S., Canada and Europe;
- Bensons Trading Company for key rings, balls, inflatables, backpacks, stickers, temporary tattoos, mugs and cups, drink bottles and more in Australia and New Zealand;
- Danilo Promotions for calendars, greeting cards, gift wraps and more in Europe;
- H2W Sunstaches for novelty and traditional sunglasses in the U.S. and Canada;
- Industrias Darks for t-shirts, hoodies, varsity jackets and leggings in Mexico;
- Jada Toys for 2, 4 and 6-inch Metals die-cast statues throughout the world;
- Licensing Essentials for men’s and women’s apparel, underwear, sleepwear, headwear, homewares and giftware in Australia and New Zelaand;
- PDP for controllers and faceplates in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand;
- Rubber Road for holiday-themed sweaters, knitted hats, coat hooks, water bottles and coffee travel mugs in the U.S., Canada and Europe
- ThinkGeek for desktop weapon replicas, drinkware, USB chargers for car, desktop and portable needs, giant slippers, foam melee weapons and role play ballistic weapons in the U.S., Canada and worldwide; and
- Wicked Replicas for lighting, tin signs, masks and replicas in Australia and New Zealand.
Additionally, 343 Industries has renewed its partnerships with The Coop and Skullcandy & Astro Gaming. Current partner J!nx will also add plush merchandise to its lineup and Dark Horse Comics will add Halo comics to Comixology Unlimited.
“The ‘Halo’ Nation is built from the best fans in the world who have formed communities around everything from construction toys to dedicated cosplay and competitive esports,” says John Friend, head, Halo consumer products, 343 Industries. “By expanding our consumer products lineup with new licensed partners around the world, we’re excited to offer even more options for everyone from families and new fans to our core collectors who have been with us for the past 15 years of the Halo franchise.”