Eight partners sign up to support the app brand as it readies for the big screen.
Maurizio Distefano Licensing has unveiled the initial lineup of Italian licensees for Rovio's "Angry Birds" in advance of the release of the brand's first feature film in May.
New regional partners include:
- Accademia for handbags, wallets, picture frames, greeting cards and secret diaries;
- WorldCart for handkerchiefs, napkins and other paper goods;
- Perletti for umbrellas, raincoats and boots;
- Multiprint for wood and rubber toy stamps;
- Modecor for chocolate and sugar decorations, lollipops and soft drinks;
- Preziosi Food for snacks, chocolate eggs and Easter eggs;
- Grani & Partners for erasers, metal tags and key chains; and
- Pengo for ceramic and glass mugs, plates and cups.
More announcements are expected soon across a wide range of categories including toys, games, confectionery, apparel, plush, backpacks and dress-up.
“Interest in the 'Angry Birds' franchise has always been strong in Italy, but with the announcement of the new film it has reached new heights," says Maurizio Distefano, founder and director, MD Licensing. "We are delighted to have signed so many best-in-class licensees already and are looking forward to announcing even more very soon.”