Licensing Expo Details Sports Activation Zone
Branded area will feature top athletes, games and more.
Licensing Expo has announced the addition of leading NFL players and top industry talent to the new Sports Activation Zone, presented by the NFL Players Association, for this year’s show.
Produced by UBM Americas and sponsored by the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association, Licensing Expo will be held June 21-23 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
In addition to exhibiting at the show, the NFLPA, via its licensing and marketing arm NFL Players Inc., will showcase an immersive experience. Through this first-of-its-kind activation, attendees will have the opportunity to compete for prizes by going head-to-head with NFL players and other professional athletes in a variety of fun, unique and engaging games.
Among the active NFL Players currently scheduled to make appearances in the NFLPA’s Sports Activation Zone each day of the Expo are Ameer Abdullah (Detroit Lions), Kelvin Beachum (Jacksonville Jaguars), Kellen Clemens (San Diego Chargers), Graham Gano (Carolina Panthers), DeAndre Hopkins (Houston Texans), EJ Manuel (Buffalo Bills), Tyrann Mathieu (Arizona Cardinals), Jordan Reed (Washington Redskins) and Blair Walsh (Minnesota Vikings).
ESPN fantasy football analyst Matthew Berry will also participate in NFLPA activities.
“We are excited to feature top talent from the sports industry, including many first-class NFL players at Licensing Expo 2016,” says Jessica Blue, senior vice president, licensing, UBM Americas. “This is the perfect way to engage attendees and exhibitors on the show floor while cultivating new business relationships.”
Highlights of the Sports Activation Zone include:
- How do you stack up?–This competition zone will offer participants a chance to win special prizes by challenge NFL players and other professional athletes to sports ability tests including field goal kicking and passer accuracy. Digital leaderships placed in the Sports Activation Zone and on the show floor will track real time point leaders.
- Tailgate time–Attendees can team with or challenge athletes in classic tailgating games including cornhole, ladder ball, Kan Jam and Spike Ball.
- Be part of big moments–By leveraging cutting-edge photo animation technology, the NFLPA will transport attendees from the Expo to iconic game moments, which attendees will be able to share via social media.
- Get in the (video) game–Participants will get the chance to go head-to-head against NFL players in “EA Madden NFL 16.”
NFL Players are scheduled to be at the show for two hour blocks, with the first hour dedicated to the Sports Activation Zone and the second hour visiting with attendees at the NFLPA booth (#C62). All players are subject to change but include:
Tuesday, June 21
- DeAndre Hopkins–10:30-12:30 p.m.
- Kelvin Beachum–1-3 p.m.
- Kellen Clemens–3–5 p.m.
- Matthew Berry–3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, June 22
- Graham Gano –10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tyrann Mathieu–10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Jordan Reed–1-3 p.m.
- EJ Manuel–1-3 p.m.
- Ameer Abdullah–3-5 p.m.
- Matthew Berry–3-5 p.m.
Thursday, June 23
- Blair Walsh–10 a.m–12:00 p.m.
“Hosting the Sports Activation Zone at Licensing Expo 2016 is the perfect way for the NFLPA to showcase the engaging personalities of NFL players, as well as athletes from other sports, in a fun, unique fashion,” says Steve Scebelo, vice president, licensing and business development, NFLPA. “Attendees and exhibitors will have a chance to compete head-to-head against world class athletes on the show floor–in competitions they can actually win!–while experiencing first-hand the powerful connections NFL players can make with their customers."