Educational sessions will highlight brands like Bailey’s and Juventus as well as trends such as kids licensing and the European grocery retail market.
EUROPE–Visitors attending Brand Licensing Europe, Oct. 10-12, will be able to participate in a raft of seminar sessions regarding all aspects of licensing as part of its expanded seminar program.
Kicking off Oct. 10, the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre Programme will include more sessions every day, as well as interactive performances and demonstrations each morning and a revamped Product Showcase.
- Absurdly Delicious: How the World’s No. 1 Liqueur Brand Uncovered New Ways to Savor the Bailey’s Moment Through Licensing with Louise French, associate vice president, business development and marketing, Beanstalk;
- Building a Brand with Angela Farrugia, executive vice president/group managing director, CAA-GBG, and Lisa Shapiro, senior vice president, retail development, EMEA, CAA-GBG;
- Juventus: From a Football Team to a Global Brand with Luca Montesion, licensing executive, Juventus FC;
- Licensing Our National Heritage with Jane Evans, managing director, JELC, and Judith Mather, director, buying and brand licensing, The National Gallery;
- How Licensable is Your Brand with Adam Bass, managing director, Golden Goose.
This year’s program will also include The Licensing Academy, a host of roundtable discussions facilitated by the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association, which will see 10-12 participants meet for 30 minutes with an industry expert before switching. The Licensing Academy will also include the keynote and the License This! finale.
Key discussions include:
- An Introduction to Licensing with Kelvyn Gardner, managing director, LIMA U.K.;
- The U.K. Video Games Industry: What do you really know about this market and are there opportunities you should be exploring with Dorian Bloch, business group director, GfK;
- Kids Licensing in 2017 with Frederique Tutt, toys global industry analyst, The NPD Group;
- The Opportunities and Challenges of Growing a Children’s “Digital First” Brand Globally with Stone Newman, president, global consumer products, worldwide content sales & marketing, Genius Brands International;
- Opportunities in the European Grocery Retail Market with Milos Ryba, head of discount, IGD;
- Brand Licensing: The Seven Deadly Sins with John Burns, partner, Gateley PLC.
Organized by UBM and sponsored by LIMA, BLE is the largest licensing event in Europe and will take place at London’s Olympia exhibition hall, Oct. 10-12. Now in its 19th year, the upcoming show is set to feature more than 194 exhibitors–including Twentieth Century Fox, BBC Worldwide, Hasbro, Mattel, Emoji Company, Victoria and Albert Museum, The Pokémon Company, Turner Broadcasting, Ty and Nickelodeon, among others–as well as more than 2,500 character, images and brands.
Visitors can register to attend BLE for free here.