STX Entertainment has inked a number of licensed merchandise deals for the UglyDolls brand in Europe ahead of the May release of the UglyDolls feature film.
White Space Entertainment, global agent for UglyDolls and sub-agent CPLG brokered the deals.
New partners in the U.K. include:
- Centum Publishing for book formats including movie novelization and chapter books;
- Signature Publishing for a one-time magazine;
- Spearmark International for lunch ware and lighting;
- Danilo for a range of greeting cards and calendars;
- Kokomo for a variety of health and beauty products;
- Whitehouse for a range of amusement plush and novelty products;
- C&M Licensing for a line of nightwear and underwear and;
- Roy Lowe for socks.
Rainbow Productions will produce the costume characters and manage live appearances in the U.K.
Sambro International has also signed on for stationery, arts and crafts and bags for the U.K. and Benelux.
The team is in the final stages of negotiations with other partners in the territory.
Multi-territory partners include:
- Character World for bedding and home textiles and;
- BIP for confectionery.
Benelux partners include:
- Van der Erve for a range of apparel and accessories;
- Texco for curtains and roller blinds and;
- Jacob Company for back-to-school products.
Ben Veldkamp will manage costume character and live appearances in the region
Iberia partners include:
- Airval for a health and beauty range;
- Stor for lunch ware;
- Tasty & Unique for cookies, confectionery, milk and healthy snacks;
- Karactermania and KStationery for back-to-school stationery and bags range in Spain and Portugal, respectively and;
- Penguin Random House for movie book and story books in Spain.
Greater Europe partners include:
- NICI for stationery and gift products for Germany and France; • Stamatis for apparel, accessories and tableware for Greece and;
- Giovas for a back-to-school and stationery range for Greece & Malta.
“We have received an amazing response to UglyDolls from both licensees and retailers across Europe,” says Steve Manners, executive vice president, CPLG. “We are working with best-in-class licensees who are developing some exciting product ranges that will bring the UglyDolls characters and the brand message to life.”
UglyDolls is set to debut in theaters May 3. An animated series is also in the works, with a 26-episode series order from Hulu.