LEGO and Merlin Entertainment have provided a sneak peek of the eight themed “lands” that will make up the LEGOLAND New York Resort in Goshen, N.Y.
Themed areas will include:
- The Factory–The beginning of the LEGOLAND New York experience that leads to a world that appears to be built of LEGO bricks. The first stop is the Great LEGO Adventure! This ride, which is exclusive to LEGOLAND New York, will let you feel what it's like to be a LEGO Minifigure, as you travel through the manufacturing process, into a box, and into the hands of a child.
- Bricktopia–A chance to work with Master Model Builders to develop and test your LEGO creations and see if your tallest tower can stand up against the Earthquake Table. You can also take a ride on the ImaginationCelebration ride or jump on the Stepping Tones to activate LEGO instruments.
- LEGO NINJAGO World–A place where aspiring ninjas can master the ancient art of Spinjitzu. Participants can visit Training Camp, where they will learn to spin, climb, and become a master of the elements. They can then test their skills on the NINJAGO: The Ride, where they'll help defeat the Great Devourer using just their hands as the ultimate weapons.
- Heartlake City – The home of the LEGO Friends: Emma, Olivia, Stephanie, Andrea and Mia. Visitors can meet the friends at the outdoor stage, then take a balloon ride over Pinefall Woods! Food offered includes Granny’s Apple Fries, a popular LEGOLAND treat.
- Knights' Kingdom–Features the LEGO Castle where guests are treated to a royal welcome! The themed area also includes a Dragon Coaster where young visitors can help a new flock of baby dragons learn to fly at Dragon Rider School.
- LEGO City – The home of the Minifigures and a place where children can learn to be a LEGO City firefighter and help save the day at Rescue Academy, attend LEGO Driving School and get an official LEGOLAND driver's license. The area includes numerous restaurants, shops and a theater.
- Pirate Shores–A place for little buccaneers to find adventure and climb aboard a galleon as storms pick them up, tossing passengers from side to side. Participants can also go on the Rogue Wave Riders and battle with water spouts and other creatures.
- Miniland–The center of every LEGOLAND Park that features LEGO built cities from across the country with interactive features. Key displays include the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and more.
20 Master Model Builders took over 1,300 hours to design and build a giant model of the planned theme park. The model included more than 135,000 LEGO bricks.
In addition to themed amusement, the Resort will include a LEGOLAND Hotel that will be open year-round and will provide 250 rooms that will celebrate future LEGO products.
"LEGOLAND New York has been in the works for years and we're excited to bring this unique family theme park to Goshen," says Julie Estrada, head, public relations, Merlin Entertainment. "Built on a 500-acre site just 60 miles northwest of New York City, LEGOLAND New York Resort is the first major theme park in decades to be built in the northeast – aiming to be the ultimate family destination for visitors from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and beyond."
Shortline Coach USA unveiled plans to provide a one-seat ride from New York City’s Port Authority Bus Terminal to LEGOLAND New York.
LEGOLAND New York is the ninth LEGOLAND theme park from Merlin Entertainment and the third location in the U.S.