The retailer brought together 1,000 kids ages 18 months to 10 years to test, play with and help select the top toys for the season.
Both newcomers and classic favorites are featured on the list, including toys for Barbie, Sofia the First, Furby and Elmo.
“We are taking the guesswork out of customers’ holiday toy shopping by turning to kids to tell us what the real top toys are,” says Scott McCall, senior vice president, toys and seasonal, Walmart U.S. “Kids told us they want interactive toys as well as classic brands. After hearing this feedback, we did what we do best. We made price investments to offer absolutely great savings on these holiday toys and more for our customers.”
The Chosen By Kids toys will be grouped together throughout the season in special in-store displays, on Walmart.com and in newspaper circulars around the U.S. beginning later this month.
This year’s Top 20 Chosen
Kids 18 months to 2 years
- VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Train Station Play Set
- Baby Alive Real Surprises Doll
- Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Crawl Around Car
- Little People Fun Sounds Farm
- Playskool Sesame Street Big Hugs Elmo
Kids 3 to 5 years
- Doc McStuffins Get Better Check Up Center
- Fisher Price Imaginext DC Super Friends Batcave
- Sofia the First Talking Doll and Animal Friends
- FurReal Friends Cuddles My Giggly Monkey
- Disney Planes Dusty Crophopper Wing Control RC
Kids 6 to 7 years
- Hot Wheels Triple Track Twister
- Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Secret Sewer Lair Play Set
- Flutterbye Flying Fairy Doll
- Barbie Dreamhouse
Kids 8 to 10 years
- Air Hogs Quad X4 Stunt RC
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18
- Furby Boom!
- Crayola Marker Maker
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.