Global children's entertainment company Spin Master has announced a slew of new consumer product partnerships in the U.S. for its “Bakugan” franchise, kicking off the broader global licensing strategy. The legacy franchise, comprised of a revived anime TV series, toy line, card game, mobile app and recently announced video game for Nintendo Switch has amassed a loyal, multigenerational fan base.
“Our global ‘Bakugan’ program has officially launched and is off to a strong start,” says Juli Boylan, vice president, franchise development and outbound licensing, Spin Master. “Backed by a powerful legacy, Spin Master has built a solid foundation for ‘Bakugan’ rooted in toy, entertainment and digital content that’s fueling the demand for consumer products, and together with our partners, we are ready to deliver.”
Earlier this year, Spin Master amped up global licensing efforts for “Bakugan,” entering into strategic agreements with several international licensing agents including WildBrain CPLG for EMEA (excluding France), Tycoon for Latin America, Haven for Australia and New Zealand, Nelvana for Canada and France and Shambala for China. The new U.S. consumer product partnerships strategically target the multigenerational fan base.
New U.S. consumer products partners include:
- Isaac Morris for children’s apparel;
- Ripple Junction for unisex adult and junior apparel;
- Handcraft Manufacturing Corp. for children and men’s underwear;
- American Marketing Enterprises for children and adult sleepwear;
- Funko for stylized vinyls and accessories;
- Super Impulse USA for novelty toys;
- Jakks Pacific for costume and dress up;
- Finesse Skateboards for skateboard and related accessories;
- Franco Manufacturing Corp. for home goods;
- Exclusive Candy and Novelty Distribution for confectionary;
- Rose Paige Distribution for hand sanitizer, tissues and antibacterial wipes;
- Venley for face masks; and
- Scholastic for publishing.
“We are thrilled to bring these top U.S. licensees on board, delivering the franchise and its characters to both new and legacy fans in fresh and unique ways,” says Shane Mang, licensing and sales director, North America, Spin Master. “Our adult program targets legacy fans, leaning into the classic ‘Bakugan’ franchise complete with art from the original 2007 series, while the core program is geared towards kids, featuring an all-new style guide based on the current series.”