April 6, 2018
LeapFrog Epic moves brand out of the toy section and into electronics aisle.
The LeapFrog Epic tablet comes with all the features expected from an adult tablet, but with unique features made just for kids ages 3 to 9.
Designed to adapt as a child grows, the LeapFrog Epic full-featured tablet delivers personalized learning experiences that auto-level with a child's progress, as well as an interactive, playable home screen, kid-safe browsing out of the box and easy-to-use parental controls.
The LeapFrog Epic tablet will be available online and at major retail locations in the U.S. in September.
"We create tablets for parents who are looking for the perfect introduction to tablet play for their child, with the best safety features available today and access to a vast selection of our award-winning content that not only provides a breadth of entertainment, but delivers life-changing learning and development," saysJohn Barbour, chief executive officer, LeapFrog. "The LeapFrog Epic tablet is age-appropriate right out of the box, but grows with a child. Children expect technology that's more like their parents'–sleeker and faster, whereas parents want technology that has been designed with kids in mind and safely delivers educational and development benefits, not just another TV screen. The LeapFrog Epic tablet is a perfect balance–a unique, full-featured kids' tablet experience with the learning content and controls that parents can trust and all the play, creativity and exploration children will love."
Highlights of the new tablet include:
- A home screen that allows children to personalize, create and interact with innovative tablet features;
- A kid-safe browsing experience through its the LeapSearch browser, which only allows access to pre-selected, kid-safe web content from over 5,000-plus videos, images, websites and games all reviewed and approved by LeapFrog experts;
- Parental controls that allow parents to adjust the amount of time their child spends on the tablet by total time, hours of the day and by app category for up to three different user profiles;
- LeapFrog games, apps, e-books and more that draw from 2,600 skills, including creativity, STEM and problem-solving;
- LeapFrog's exclusive Just for Me learning technology that personalizes select games up to 10 unique ways from remembering curricular progress across games to automatically adjusting learning levels and providing tutorials on-demand with a touch of the "hint" button;
- Parents can also expand the fun with other Android-based games from other children's app developers.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.