Hasbro is celebrating the 85th anniversary of “Monopoly” with new consumer products set to hit shelves and online in time for the holidays. “Monopoly” is a family-favorite game brand enjoyed by more than one billion players in 114 countries across the globe. The celebration of “Monopoly’s” 85th anniversary kicked off earlier this year with the announcement of a range of limited-edition products. The latest wave of products features something for everyone from a range of categories including apparel, collectables, gaming and more.
“We have seen such amazing support for the ‘Monopoly’ brand from partners and fans as we’ve continued to celebrate our 85th anniversary all year long,” says Casey Collins, general manager and senior vice president, entertainment and licensing, Hasbro. “‘Monopoly’ is an iconic game that is able to unite people across generations with a little friendly competition combined with a dose of nostalgia. We’re excited to continue to bring people together as they enjoy their favorite game in new, exciting ways.”
New and upcoming collaborations include the following:
- Morgan Lane launched a capsule collection of adult sleepwear last November;
- Graphic t-shirt retailer 80s Tees is currently offering a variety of “Monopoly” themed t-shirts; and
- Beltology is launching a “Monopoly”-inspired belt collection featuring their signature woven designs.
- Available just in time for the holidays, Funko is offering three SKUs featuring Uncle Pennybags, including POP Vinyl: “Monopoly”- Criminal Uncle Pennybags and POP Keychain: “Monopoly”- Criminal Uncle Pennybags launching in November and POP Games: “Monopoly”-Uncle Pennybags Beauty Contest figure available starting this month;
- Zazzle has created a “Monopoly” storefront featuring a wide variety of collectibles for fans of all ages; and
- Pathwater will release limited-edition refillable bottles featuring Rich Uncle Pennybags and other “Monopoly” icons. The bottles aim to inspire fun and "Free Parking" for water. The bottles will be available on Pathwater.com and via select retail channels.
- PlayDate Digital launched the “Monopoly” Junior iOS app in September, an app designed for early learners for iOS mobile and tablets which transports kids from the classic game board into the animated world of “Monopoly” Town; and
- As a follow-up to its “Monopoly” 85th anniversary collector’s edition board game adorned with genuine Swarovski crystals, Winning Solutions launched a “Monopoly” – The 1980s edition in September, available at AreYouGame.com and Zulily.com.
Previously announced collabs include fashion brand KULE, canvas art printer IKONICK, shoe manufacturer TOMS and more. For more information about “Monopoly’s” 85th anniversary, visit Monopoly.Hasbro.com.