The Top Global Licensor heads into the holiday season with a raft of toys, books and more.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media held its annual Holiday Toy Preview in New York showcasing dozens of products and stocking stuffers from the traditional toys, play sets and dolls to the high end line of handbags and accessories from its recent partnership with Coach. The selection highlighted DCPI’s core franchises including
, the new Princess movie which will release on Nov. 23,
, Minnie, Mickey, the 90th Anniversary of Winnie the Pooh, and Tsum Tsum.
Here’s a list of Disney’s Dozen that the licensor believes will be among the most popular products for Holiday 2016:
- Classic Moana Doll–The character-inspired doll will be released Sept. 12 at the Disney Store and online at DisneyStore.com.
- “Elena of Avalor” Scepter with Lights and Sounds–This bejeweled handle toy features a host of sounds and motion-activated lights. The scepter is now available at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.
- Frozen Northern Lights Elsa doll and Journey to the Lights book–This doll, created by licensee Jakks Pacific, is inspired by new Northern Lights content and lights up whenever someone interacts with her snowflake. The doll also includes the song “Let it Go.” The Frozen Northern Lights book will hit mass retailers today, with the doll following on Oct. 1.
- Royal Castle by Hasbro–Hasbro’s new play set is more than 3 feet tall and features four furnished rooms inspired by Disney princesses–Snow White, Belle, Sleepy Beauty and Ariel. The set also includes 19 accessories. Hasbro’s Royal Castle play set will be available at mass retailers this fall.
- Spider-Man Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle–LEGO’s Spider-Man set will include seven minifigures including Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Green Goblin and Scorpion, among others, and will allow consumers to create their own bridge scene to defeat the villainous Green Goblin. The new LEGO set will hit mass retailers this August.
- Marvel’s Legends Series–Hasbro’s new, 6-inch scale series of figures will feature characters from Marvel Comics and the new film, Captain America: Civil War. Five characters, including Captain America and Black Panther, are now available at mass retailers. The sixth character, Scarlet Witch, will hit retailers Aug. 1.
- Hot Diggity Dancing Mickey Feature Plush–This new toy from Just Play features the “Hot Dog” song and dance featured in the Disney Junior series, “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.” The feature plush will be available at mass retailers beginning this August.
- “Lion Guard” Training Lair–This play set from Just Play stands more than 3 feet tall and features a host of lights, sounds and surprises. The “Lion Guard” Training Lair play set is slated to hit mass retailers this August.
- Descendants Neon Lights Ball Feature Dolls and Descendants: Return to Isle of the Lost book–Hasbro’s new dolls include Evie, the daughter of the Evil Queen, and Mal, the daughter of Maleficent, with light up dresses for the ball. Meanwhile, the new book from Disney Hyperion will feature both characters in an original story. The book is now available at mass retailers, with the dolls following this fall.
- Tsum Tsum Advent Calendar–To celebrate the holiday season, each day on will feature a full-size holiday mini Tsum Tsums. The Tsum Tsum Advent Calendar will be available at the Disney Store and DisneyStore.com, Nov. 1.
- Cars Flag Finish McQueen–Mattel’s new toy will feature a host of phrases and life-like reactions. It is slated to launch at mass retailers on Aug. 1.
- Circle with Disney–Created by Circle Media, Circle with Disney is a device that helps parents follow their kids’ online activities, as well as limit screen time on a host of electronic devices. The new device is now available at retailers including Target, Best Buy, Amazon.com, DisneyStore.com and MeetCircle.com.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens 20-Inch Rey Big Fig–This Rey figure is part of Jakks Pacific larger collection of Star Wars Big Figs of various sizes. The Rey figure will be available at mass retailers this August.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.