DreamWorks Animation and its new distribution partner Twentieth Century Fox have released DWA’s feature film slate for the next four years, featuring release dates for 12 upcoming films, the most for any animation house in industry history.
"What we are announcing today is the result of the amazing work and devotion from DreamWorks Animation's vast roster of directors, producers and artistic talent over many years," says Bill Damaschke, chief creative officer, DWA. "Every one of the movies in our lineup–whether it is an original film or a sequel to one of our beloved franchises–comes from the unique and special vision of our filmmakers, and we look forward to joining together with Fox to make them available to family audiences starting next year."
The slate of upcoming DreamWorks films to be distributed by Fox includes:
- The Croods–March 22, 2013
- Turbo–July 19, 2013
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman–Nov. 1, 2013
- Me and My Shadow–March 14, 2014
- How to Train Your Dragon 2–June 20, 2014
- Happy Smekday!–Nov. 26, 2014
- The Penguins of Madagascar–March 27, 2015
- Trolls (working title)–June 5, 2015
- B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations–Nov 6, 2015
- Mumbai Musical (working title)–Dec. 19, 2015
- Kung Fu Panda 3–March 18, 2016
- How to Train Your Dragon 3–June 18, 2016
"We have had the privilege not only to view many of these films in their various stages but also to meet the incredible leadership teams behind each one, and we are very confident about DreamWorks Animation's robust future slate," says Jim Gianopulos and Tom Rothman, chief executive officers and chairmen, Fox Filmed Entertainment. "We are truly excited about our new partnership and bringing these extraordinary films to audiences around the world."
To read more about DWA’s new partnership with Fox, click here.