As The Dark Knight Rises hits theatres today, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and its host of licensees are rolling out a vast product lineup to support the conclusion of the Dark Knight trilogy.
“Batman is one of the most iconic characters in the world and our global merchandising program inspired by The Dark Knight Rises offers fans of all ages an opportunity to extend their experience beyond the theater,” says Brad Globe, president, WBCP. “The characters, gadgets and vehicles created by Christopher Nolan have opened up a world of great product opportunities.”
Led by global master toy licensee Mattel, the film will also be supported by key partners such as The LEGO Group, Hallmark, Kinetix, Converse, Rubie’s Costume Company and Titan Books
Mattel, global master toy partner for the film and DC Comics, will have a broad lineup as part of its Batman toy collection including action figures, playsets and collectible figures.
A full roster of licensees by category is below.
Toys & Games:
- LEGO has released a construction set inspired by The Dark Knight Rises;
- Rubie’s Costume Co. has created a wide range of costume products based on the entire DC Comics portfolio, including The Dark Knight Rises;
- Hallmark will offer collectible ornaments;
- PPW Toys’ DC Super Heroes collectible line of Mr. Potato Heads now includes a “Caped Cru-Tater” figure inspired by The Dark Knight Rises;
- Jakks Pacific has produced novelty and large scale figures and plush;
- Cardinals Industries’ has created games and puzzles based on The Dark Knight Rises and Batman, as well as other legendary DC Comics characters;
- Funko brings its plush and vinyl collection;
- Mezco unmasks colorfully detailed vinyl figures;
- Hornby Hobbies revs it up with a Scalextric limited edition Batman Tumbler vehicle; Thinkway Toys brings remote control vehicles, figures and role play toys;
- McFarlane Toys unveils a special-edition collectible action figure of two-time Super Bowl champion, Hines Ward, in his Gotham Rogues uniform as worn in The Dark Knight Rises;
- And collectibles from Hot Toys, Kotobukiya, Mobius Models and Noble Collection.
WBCP has lined up wide range of apparel partners including Kinetix, Kids Republic, Braccialini’s, Bioworld, Junkfood, French Connection, Converse, New Era and Diesel, Under Armour
- Titan Books will bring the film to the page with its official tie-in novelization;
- Abrams will release The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy;
- HarperCollins caters to younger fans with a publishing program that includes a Junior novelization, I Can Read book series and assorted activity books;
- And Insight Editions lets fans and auto aficionados get into the driver’s seat in Batmobile: The Complete History coffee table book about the Batmobile through the years, as well as giving an inside look at the secrets to being Batman in The Dark Knight Manual.
- Mimoco has released a line of USB flash drives;
- Franco has created a line of home goods;
- As well as additional licensees Lava Lite, Skinit, Cufflinks, Graphitti Designs, The Northwest Company, Thermos, Trends International, Muckle Mannequins, Molli Toys and Bakery Crafts, among many others.