American Greetings Properties has announced a wide range of new licensing partners for the Strawberry Shortcake brand including partners in
- Ape Entertainment has released an original 1985 classic Strawberry Shortcake comic in app form. Digitally recolored, this is the first time that a Strawberry Shortcake comic is available for the first time in digital format.
- Koba Entertainment has signed on to produce a live Strawberry Shortcake theatrical and musical show to tour the U.S. and Canada, planned to debut in January 2013.
- Newco will develop Strawberry Shortcake-themed furniture for kids, which will be available at retailers across the U.S.
- Publishing partner Penguin Books is expanding its portfolio to include Strawberry Shortcake e-books, available in the U.S.
- Fruit of the Loom has signed on for a line of girl’s and toddlers’ undershirts and underwear.
- A number of major QSR promotions have been secured across China and Southeast Asia.
- Several international publishing deals have been secured across Europe including Edizioni Play Press in Italy, Panini in Germany, Sparkle World Annual in the U.K. and Egmont in Eastern Europe and Turkey.
- A wide number of partners have also signed on in Mexico including PIC (apparel), Grupo Papelero Scribe (stationery), Alta Tecnologia de Mochilas (bags), Grupo Carmi (towels and blankets), JJ Hosiery (socks) and Laboratorios de Belleza Azus (health and beauty).
"Strawberry Shortcake and her friends are embraced all over the world by fans of all ages,” says Carla Silva, vice president of global licensing, AGP. “We are thrilled to have brought the domestic licensing rights to this beloved brand back in-house and to continue our successful partnerships with international agents in order to bring exciting new products to our fans.”
Strawberry Shortcake debuted in 1980 as a line of social expressions products. She is currently the star of her own TV series, “Berry Bitty Adventures,” which added a new character last year, Cherry Jam, who brings a musical element to the property.
AGP is presenting Strawberry Shortcake in Booth 4454 at Licensing Expo this week in Las Vegas, Nev.