The show’s initial wave of products is being sold on its home platform on the Vought International themed storefront onAmazon
. Select products are now available on Amazon with additional products being released throughout the year and in 2021.
Additionally, Amazon X-Ray is offering an interactive shopping experience for fans by giving them the opportunity to purchase products they see during the second season and on the new weekly after-show “Prime Rewind: Inside the Boys.” Using web, mobile or Fire TV, fans will be able to spot exclusive t-shirts and plush that they can take home for themselves.
“‘The Boys’ has an unconventional yet captivating storyline around superheroes that you can’t find anywhere else, and we are extremely proud of the success the showhas received so far,” says Jamie Stevens, executive vice president, worldwide consumer products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “With season two coming up and season three greenlit already, we’ve been working fast and furiously to bring fans around the world products they can use to express their true fandom. We are thrilled by the support and seamless collaboration of all our licensees to help deliver products across various categories and allow fans to support the show in many ways. With the unique in-viewing shopping experience that Amazon is offering, we are sure that the opportunity presents even more meaningful purchases for fans.”
The following licensees for “The Boys” have products available now for purchase or pre-orders:
- Funko stylized Pop! vinyl collectables including characters Homelander, Starlight, A-Train, Queen Maeve, Translucent (Clear), Billy Butcher and Hughie. Pre-orders now available for release March 15, 2021 at Amazon;
- Jazwares plush based directly on product seen in the series. Pre-orders now available for release on Dec. 15, 2020 at Amazon;
- Mad Engine apparel and accessories now available at Hot Topic, Spencer’s and FYE;
- Ripple Junction apparel themed to Vought International, The Seven and The Boys. The line includes men’s and women’s t-shirts, baseball tees, sweatshirts, pullover hoodies and tank tops available for purchase at Amazon. New apparel designs will be released throughout the second season of the show;
- Spirit Halloween will feature adult costumes themed to Starlight, Homelander and The Deep available now on www.spirithalloween.com; and
- Universe Publishing 2021 wall calendar, now available on Amazon.
Additional licensees for 2020 include Culturefly accessories and Just Funky drinkware, home and novelty goods, as well as Trends International Posters. NECA is also releasing detailed, fully poseable, 7” Homelander and Starlight action figures that come in premium packaging; the leading collectibles maker is also working on a special product for consumers as well around the fan-favorite character Laser Baby from the first season of “The Boys.” The excitement continues in 2021 with licensee Good Smile’s vinyl action figures.
SPCP is going beyond the U.S. with a slew of international licensee collaborations as well, including:
- Cotton Division for apparel, accessories and home goods in France;
- EMP Merchandising for apparel, accessories, bags and footwear in Europe;
- Good Speed for apparel, accessories and novelty in Japan;
- Grupo Erik Editores for posters, prints, calendars and novelty in Andora, France, Portugal and Spain;
- Pyramid Posters Limited for posters in Europe and the Middle East;
- Ripple Junction for apparel in Germany and the U.K; and
- Sprd.Net for apparel and bags in Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
“The Boys” season two premieres on Sept. 4 on Amazon Prime Video.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.