Each Barbie comes packaged with a doll stand and certificate of authenticity.
In further celebration, Fox has launched a fan contest on Shop.Fox.com that invites "X-Philes" to submit their own trivia questions involving the various mythologies, conspiracy theories and memorable Mulder and Scully moments. Participants will be given a chance to qualify for exclusive “X-Files” prize packs and have their questions included in “The Truth is Out There Trivia Contest.” The deadline for submissions is Sept. 6.
On Sept. 10, the series’ formal anniversary, fans who answer the most questions correctly before the contest closes on Sept. 17 will automatically be entered to receive “The X-Files” 25th Anniversary Prize Pack–which consists of the Barbie "The X-Files" Agent Fox Mulder and Barbie "The X-Files" Agent Dana Scully
The Barbie partnership is the latest in a series of deals that celebrate the television show's 25th anniversary. Other partners include:
- IDW Publishing for a 25th anniversary comic under The X-Files: Case Files banner;
- Loot Crate for "X-Files"-related items in the September “Invaders”-themed Loot Crate, as well as Loot Wear product lines including an exclusive “X-Files Dimensional Poster” that can be found in Loot Crate DX that commemorates Mulder’s famous “The Truth is Out There” poster;
- Rizolli for "The X-Files” 2019 Wall Calendar with images of the series’ classic storylines, including alien abductions, the threat of the Fiji Mermaid, the New Jersey Devil and more;
- Upper Deck for Legendary Encounters: The X-Files Deck Building Game;
- And Macmillan Publishers for The X Files Origins (volumes 1 and 2);
- Quirk Books for The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird;
- The Coop for X-Files Case Journal and Evidence Bag Lunch Tote;
- Hallmark for Mulder and Scully-inspired plush toys from their itty bittys line;
- Diamond Supply for action statistics; and
- Rittenhouse Archives for X-Files Trading Cards.
The Barbie "The X-Files" Agent Fox Mulder and Barbie "The X-Files" Agent Dana Scully dolls are available now on Amazon.com.
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.